Sign in to follow this  
boasfesta

Automapper System Sourcecode (VB6)

What I especially love about this tool is that it doesn't stick to "noob mappers stereotypes" such as things being too linear, or symmetrical. What I hope people DON'T use it for, is randomly generating a bunch of maps, adding monsters and items, and then slap a game title it on it, however this is a super useful tool nonetheless. Great job, glad to see it in Orion+.

35 minutes ago, yeroC said:

What I hope people DON'T use it for, is randomly generating a bunch of maps, adding monsters and items, and then slap a game title it on it, however this is a super useful tool nonetheless. Great job, glad to see it in Orion+.

Considering the gems of Unity games that use storebought assets with just a different title as a game.. You can pretty much bet this will happen.

1 hour ago, yeroC said:

What I hope people DON'T use it for, is randomly generating a bunch of maps, adding monsters and items, and then slap a game title it on it, however this is a super useful tool nonetheless. Great job, glad to see it in Orion+.

Next objective: Autogame System :P hahaha

I think it would be a exciting system to develop, like selecting item graphics and giving rarity to them, so the program make equipments for every class along the levels updating its data to be stronger  and selecting its graphic based on rarities, same for npcs...OH NO! MAKE IT STOP I DONT WANT TO DO THAT!

1 minute ago, boasfesta said:

Next objective: Autogame System :P hahaha

I think it would be a exciting system to develop, like selecting item graphics and giving rarity to them, so the program make equipments for every class along the levels updating its data to be stronger  and selecting its graphic based on rarities, same for npcs...OH NO! MAKE IT STOP I DONT WANT TO DO THAT!

What about auto-coding ?

You can define the tilesets on ".ini" file configuration, just downloading it, it will work fine.

If you start the automapper without any tileset, the source code isn't prepared for deal with situations like that, so the maps will by empty, i only developed the map creatijng logic.

Sorry for the bug, i'll release a fix soon as i can.

Anyway, keep posting bugging features like that, ;) so i can fix it

Thanks