Closed Alpha [0.1 Alpha Indev] Tierras Robadas Online

raeven

51mlld6HOlL.jpg

http://ccaenter.es/tierrasrobadas/

Greetings!

My name is Raeven, I'm a spanish YouTuber, writer and community administrator for www.ccaenter.es

Last year I published Tierras Robadas: La Roca del Destino, a project of mine which took way too many years to complete. Since always me and the few guys who followed the project wanted to make an online game about our universe, but we never found any 2D or 3D engine which satisfied us. Until we found Intersect, of course.

Even in it's alpha stage I absolutely fell in love with the mapping system and the general stable feel of it and three days ago we started the project. We don't know yet how customizable it is, as we'd like to add some custom programmed stuff in the future. For now we'll start our work with custom graphics - we'd like to make it feel more like a graphical novel than an anime-pixelart-fest, hence this style someone may find strange. In the future we'd like to update both this post and our own on the CCA Entertainment site so both communities see our progress. As I previously said, we'd like to launch the game on Steam (we already have a Greenlight license, with one project approved!), if we ever do so I'd like to give a small % of our earnings to the development of the engine as gratitude for your work.

We'd appreciate any feedback or even contributions - if you're an artist, want to help with the programming stuff or any kind of material, just PM me.

a96a3c975b31209284e8932675b14ef5.jpg

Features planned:

路 Rich story based on the novel

路 Huge explorable world, with puzzles and rewarding content

路 Deep PVE progression

路 Weekly/Monthly content updates

路 Oldschool hardcore feel, inspired by the original Everquest

Some updated screenshots of work we've done so far:

161106884c55600b9d0fe80d52f2a885.jpg

6ea6428a1c23da4380b56906d2626dfb.png

2471c8fa1365ca4a03eca4309df36719.png

7cf7644edc39b716928c640c56d77680.png

e3d9b75031b804301154f01101e220e8.png

dc5b4d746fb3460b9f14a18c8db6ce40.png

Looks like you have a lot of thought behind this project, right now it looks like you're just playing around with the engine which is somthing everyone eho is new to Intersect should do! I hope to see you guys stick to this, I'll check out聽some more of your projects later when I get home later. Intersect will be open source at the end of our development聽roadmap so you will be able to make all the edits you want.

14 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Looks like you have a lot of thought behind this project, right now it looks like you're just playing around with the engine which is somthing everyone eho is new to Intersect should do! I hope to see you guys stick to this, I'll check out聽some more of your projects later when I get home later. Intersect will be open source at the end of our development聽roadmap so you will be able to make all the edits you want.

Right now we'll stick to making art and basic gameplay then, we are not 100% devs and our time and people is limited so we'll develop this very slowly anyway. I've tried lots of old engines in my youth and I must say non of them had this amazing mapping system!

seems like your not creating tiles for the game, rather so you are creating like paintings of entire objects. I suggest finding a way to tile your style so you won't have 1 million images to work with. So every time you make a building you wont have to copy the entire building into the engine because they are all standalone buildings. Would be smarter to create many building "Tiles" that way you can mix and match and create new things without having to plop the entire house or area of the world into the engine.

We really would like to not go that way, at least with major pieces of architecture and environment. That way it looks way more natural, almost as a hand crafted piece of art. Of course you should not judge the style by the few screenshots submitted, they are just some sketches I did personally to see how well the engine manages big illustrations - and it does so brilliantly. Of course it's a lot of hassle and may not be the most efficient way, but I hope it will give it a unique look in the long run.

Thankfully we found some really talanted guys in our community who are helping with the project, now you can see pieces as this incorporated in the world:

bfff16bf1f0eaf4a956447ff98b8936e.png

1 hour ago, yeroC said:

The mock ups in the first post did it no justice but I can see the style your going for now and I like it! Hand drawn. Very nice I wish you luck on this project bud.

59 minutes ago, Niko said:

looks really good!

I just updated the original post with an image of some more finished art, as well as some of the mapping done on the southern side of the first zone (I know, I know, not the most efficient way of doing it - but served me well to understand how to properly import phosothop images to the engine!)

972ad0b2fefe9833cc83feb9fe489d99.png

17 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Are those ground textures in autotile format?

yes! today I spent some more time working on them, making a rounder look for the paths and reducing the visual impact of the "intense" grass:

b00c08838c2800e3fd584121780e61be.png

Still some work left to do, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far

The tiles look nice however the forest you say is "final" and is VERY bare. Almost little to no detail. It needs more flowers, logs? twigs? What inhabits here, birds? Maybe nests, laid eggs? Rocks, and probably even more trees. You have many layers to work with. I would suggest improving the detail before calling it final! However, I do like what I see and its a very good starting point! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Niko said:

Love the style, some of the trees look like the were rushed in comparison to how perfect some of those buildings look.

Thanks!

Maybe it's because there are currently 3 different people working on the project, two of them do most structures and assets while I do textures, characters, equipment聽and interiors, as someone with far less experience and talent for art. We'll keep improving the art style, keeping in mind that all you see will be drastically different to what awaits you beyond the first three zones.

The buildings look great however those trees need help. They look so weird because they aren't up right, as wierd as it sounds it would look ten times better upright, maybe make an animation where it sways a little bit you never see trees slanted like that lol聽

• 2 years later...

Long time no see on here. We've been slowly improving the project over the past few years, with some much needed artists who came from our streams helping out a bit.

Here's a small gif of the new human male in action, as well as some examples of equipment paperdolls:

https://i.gyazo.com/d0f8214c4e9b0183edc06fad2143c91d.mp4

Disenos-3-Clases-BASE.png

Edit: Here's a piece of music composed for the first zone:

Equipment and character artist Kaerasu

Composer Miguethor