BBC | Robin Hood | Merlin | Doctor Who | Top Gear | BBC

biosboy4

Hello,

I just now noticed this tv/movie thread so I thought I'd post about the fact that BBC has the best shows ever.

Their versions of Robin Hood and Merlin are the best I've ever seen. Top Gear was hilarious when they had Jeremy and the rest of the cast (The original cast is now ramping up "5th Gear" via Amazon.) and everyone knows Doctor Who is top tier.

Regards,

biosboy4

9 minutes ago, Gahduvdeth said:

Wait, does this mean I need a $2,400 shield for my $1,200 hooker?

After the $1,000 threshold is passed, you may then divide instead of multiplying to determine your shield cost. ;D

1 hour ago, SkywardRiver said:

On the contrary, Merlin is a fantastic show. Anybody who takes it seriously enough to think it's subliminal programming should probably stay off media of the visual variety.

It's all propaganda man. Whether you think it is or not, the writer's biases and beliefs slip through in the writing and that inevitably affects the end consumer. I don't generally watch TV.

4 minutes ago, Kem said:

It's all propaganda man. Whether you think it is or not, the writer's biases and beliefs slip through in the writing and that inevitably affects the end consumer. I don't generally watch TV.

It's called "influence".

It's necessary to not be stupid.

Edit:

of course there are bad vs good influences, but I don't see someone's beliefs slipping through the cracks of Merlin as bad, I see it as a different way to see the world. A way in which I would otherwise never see.