Need Help [$$$] Dune Online - pixel/tile artist required

Space Pirate Jesus

cooltext205141588122552.png

~Dune Online~

On a hazardous planet, in a decayed continent; Dune exists.

The deep & unforgiving sands of the Dune are home to some of the most ruthless of "human" kind..

The year is 33AD, just when it was assumed to be all over.. Jesus is back to his old dirty tricks. After Crucifixion, he has managed to manifest himself another "capsule".
With war impending between the nations in Dune, he is right on time as usual for exploits of carnage.

The Old Gods have little power left & the clock is ticking. With Demi Gods on the lose, it only makes matters worse.
Old tribes make it their duty to uphold their beliefs in defiance of the Holy Empire.

A power struggle between "bad" & evil, the Clowns make it no effort to pursue domination of the Dune, for its richness of the drug, "Spice".

Spice is used all over the universe and is a sign of wealth, used in barter or as a resource, it is said that those who consume spice will extend their life.

Say your prayers.

KEY FEATURES:

* Full loot PvP zones, focused around resource control, e.g: crafting materials/cartel drug labs

* In-depth crafting mechanics that will allow the use of a "Mould vs material" mechanic. Essentially allowing you to design your gear using any various materials. Different material combinations with particular moulds will obtain varying stats.

* Guild based territory control system with resource taxation. (Includes PvP zones and cartel drug labs)

* Maze-like puzzles to complete and explore in hidden locations.

More to come.

This game will be run using either Intersect 1.0 (release version) or a modified version if required once it has become open source. (Intersect is the way of the future imo)

I am a map designer. I will be mapping.

Gathering assets beforehand is what I am trying to do currently. I am  working alone and I have decided to postpone development until Intersect has released and/or become open-source. It will be easier this way.

* Requiring a pixel/tile artist for paid work. PM me if you are interested & I will get back to you with what is needed.

Amen. 

6 hours ago, Gwen said:

dune-cat.jpg

In all seriousness, are you basing your game off of Dune story?

It looks pretty cool, can't wait to see what comes of it.

Dune was the best and granddaddy to the modern RTS. If you haven't seen it you should really check it out.

Haha well, the only thing that will resemble the Dune story is the Spice... and the dunes. I am trying to take an alternative route for the lore, but by combining as many notions as possible.

Thank you for taking interest.

• 1 year later...

Resurrection.

Looking for an experienced tile artist for some paid work. Payments can be made in bitcoin or via paypal. Your choice.

The work involved should be fun & have your imagination running a bit. If you're interested, let me know here or via private message and we can talk about some of the details.

Amen.

The cutesey-anime-chibi-dungeon Children of mana art style really won't work with the Dune universe. Just saying. You can do it if you want but it's going to feel almost repulsive as you play and it certainly won't appeal to anyone looking for a game set in the Dune universe.

You'd be much better off attempting a style that's not cute, but is rough whilst being defined, with less saturation. You want to really grab that aesthetic of Dune.

Something like Death Trash;

ironman_of_obedience_and_pervers.png

Interestingly about the piece above, a pixel art tutorial I read once said that "Pixel art is closer to painting than drawing" and this saying is really encapsulated within the above art.

Hope this helped you, but that anime/chibi/casual/colourful art really won't work. Any pixel artist would tell you this truth, unless of course they couldn't give a shit about you or your project and just want the money (sadly these artists are quite prevalent these days, though I can't say they're the majority, it's natural to become attached to a project you're commissioned to work on.)

On 4/12/2018 at 5:09 AM, Solomon said:

The cutesey-anime-chibi-dungeon Children of mana art style really won't work with the Dune universe. Just saying. You can do it if you want but it's going to feel almost repulsive as you play and it certainly won't appeal to anyone looking for a game set in the Dune universe.

You'd be much better off attempting a style that's not cute, but is rough whilst being defined, with less saturation. You want to really grab that aesthetic of Dune.

Something like Death Trash;

ironman_of_obedience_and_pervers.png

Interestingly about the piece above, a pixel art tutorial I read once said that "Pixel art is closer to painting than drawing" and this saying is really encapsulated within the above art.

Hope this helped you, but that anime/chibi/casual/colourful art really won't work. Any pixel artist would tell you this truth, unless of course they couldn't give a shit about you or your project and just want the money (sadly these artists are quite prevalent these days, though I can't say they're the majority, it's natural to become attached to a project you're commissioned to work on.)

Jeeze, that was a mouthful. Haha.

Appreciate the input & advice.

Currently like I've said before, the only actual things I've stripped from the Dune universe are a mere few conceptual gimmicks. Any of which could be subject to change.

A great many things being placed inside of this are not actually Dune lore but of my own devise.

It's a mix & match. Fear not.

Always imbibing new ideas though.