[WIP] Pestilence

Neeknog

Very Nice interface :)
I think the colors match your tileset well. The Borders on the icon boxes are also very nice.
The interface has a modern "ragnarok online" type of feel while still retaining that pixel art type of quality.

3 hours ago, Zetasis said:

I think the icons look fine except for the scroll. If I had to guess I would say that it was going to change since it is the stock icon in intersect and the others have all been changed. 

I agree, although the "Options" button looks funny too because its the only one with text and the icon background is different color. 

Thanks guys. I was planning on adding blood to more of the ui to match. Also the icons will all match. The scroll is the default icon because I have not created one and the options icon was from my old gui which will be changed.

The blood was added to continue the overall dark theme of the game but is subject to change, as is everything in these early stages. I appreciate the feed back and suggestion. I do listen to all opinions so keep them coming.

Currently I am working on many character elements, such as different hair styles, clothing ex. This will pave the way for more dynamic sprites and also allow me to create the starting sprites for each class. When i have a surplus of these elements i will be able to easily selects hairs and just change colors and such. I have also been heavily focusing on developing the main starting classes and their skills/spells. To start there will be three classes which all have a second tier class you will evolve into. More info on this will be posted closer to a release.

As for the GUI, some of the text does not fit perfectly with the gui, when the source is released this will be corrected. Simply change the font sizes and or re-position them.

I Also Plan on the players learning skills from ncp's in game. I never like the whole "Gaining skills upon lvl up" idea. It never quite made since to me. So on certain lvls the player can see a certain npcs who will give him some info on the skill/power, the player will receive a scroll of some kind and be able to learn the skill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks sir! Working slowly but hard!

Three starter classes are completed as far as sprites go and are implemented. Next step will be skills and teir 2 classes. I currently have 84 items in game, 51 npc's/monsters, 15 working paper-dolls, and only one skill/spell. Once I have completed mapping the current area of the world I will be moving my focus quests, events and npc development. This will help incorporate the lore, content and story's. All doors will open, all boxes and crates will be destroy-able, all npcs will have something to say and much more is planned. So creating an interactive environment will be my next goal. This includes adding in resources throughout the world, crafting and an easier way to travel. After that the plan will be to focus on class skills and npc vs player combat and balancing.

Hopefully I will be finished with all this before intersect source is released. Then the plan is to hire a coder for the main infection features, a little web integration and a members system or cosmetic store.