Gem Launcher + Game Patcher

PixelFox

21 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@QuoteFox Sorry to double post and I doubt anyone cares but I just wanted to show off my custom version of your launcher with a custom icon and all: http://imgur.com/a/nC8Dd

Awww hell yeah, looks great :D

In the new version you should beable to turn off the sparkles, or change the image.

On 9/7/2016 at 1:34 PM, SneakBug8 said:

Do you plan adding autoupdate feature to the launcher? (I am not a coder... well... i coded autoupdater in .bat file some day, but...)

Yeah ill be working on the auto update side soon, as @PhenomenalDev said, I am busy with stuff at the momment. Ill be sure to keep working on it when I get a chance! :D

On 05/10/2016 at 11:18 PM, Kem said:

Is there a way to FORCE people to use the launcher every time?

Once the source comes out, you may beable to edit it so you can. :o I wouldn't know where to start with that sorry!

Ok a really simple way of doing it would be writing to a file with a simple boolean varible that both client and updater read/write to. The launcher will run this pseudo code:

Set variable to true

save value into file

Run the client

Pause until client is running

Set the variable to false

Save value into file

close updater

Here is the pseudo code for the client on launch:

Load the file

if the variable is true, run the client

if the variable is false, close the client and run the launcher.

This code will force the user to run the launcher. It is abusable for those who know what they're doing to just change the value in the file or use a hexeditor so further security mods would have to be made, but I doubt anyone would do that since the client will refuse to connext to the intersect server if the application versions are wrong so its unlikely anyone would want to bypass the updater anyway. (Again can be bypassed with a hex editor) Further security may be required. However for a simple example the pseudo code above works.