WIP World of Adea

froggy

World of Adea

Using Intersect Engine

Before you read on, many things are subject to change as i see fit, and much will be.

I am currently the only one working on this project.

I appreciate all comments, both negative and positive ones.

If anyone has any input whatsoever, don't hesitate.

Thank you!

Update 31/10 -17

Restructured whole first page with new information

Update 12/1 -17

Updated What's Next with new info (because of Beta 1 being released)

Update 6/1 -17

Updated Screenshots section

Update 4/7 -18

Doing a public playtest

What the game is about

Spoiler

I plan to create a game where you can do and be what you want.

That means there will not be a story line about the game itself for you to follow. However, each class advancement will require a certain level and long quest chain, so if anything, you create your own story line, depending on what class you choose, and what quests you choose to complete, which allows/denies you certain quests, and paths. And since instead of one long continuous storyline(of the game), you can choose the quest stories that seem interesting, without being bound to follow anything, if you so desire.

Guilds will(hopefully) play a big role in gameplay, however, you will still be able to play solo to great effect(more on this with later updates)

I have a general story of the world thought out, not fully written down and explained in a story setting, think of it more like the current situation of the world the characters live in.

Rather than having a main storyline for you to follow, there will be questchains that have a story in itself, and other lengthy counterparts, i feel this is much more appropriate since i'm going for that open world feeling.

And parts that relate to your class, meaning you can follow a "main" storyline for your current class, and then whatever major quest chains you decide to undertake.

Features

Spoiler

-Bounties-

A feature that will have to be custom added once the source is released, and hopefully it will work.

What i had in mind is this: 

Players will be able to set a bounty on a player through an NPC, where you deposit an amount of Currency which will be the bounty, once the bounty is set, a global message will announce who has had a bounty put on them, and how much, which makes the player drop a voucher or something along the sort that player has been killed and can be turned in to aforementioned NPC for whatever the bounty was set to. You drop the vouchers you have collected when you die. Be careful when bounty hunting.

There will be a type of reward system for the person who set the bounty, can't elaborate fully on this yet, as i have not decided. I hope it will play a big part in the game.

Also, once a player PK's someone 10 levels or lower than them, a bounty will be put on them automatically, which allows them to be attacked in any zone, even safe zones. The bounty disappears once you have died. This bounty will have a fixed reward depending on the persons level(the one killed)

-Zone Types-

Apart from absolute freedom, the game will be heavily involved in both PvP and PvE, with more dungeons than you might think necessary, some small, and some very large. Why i'm aiming toward this is because of zones. For example:

Savage(Yellow) - Upon dying you lose an equipped item, but no experience, experience gain by killing monsters(not quests) increased by 10%

Arena(Grey) - PVP in all forms, except you lose no exp and no equipment

No Morals(Red) - Upon dying you lose 15% of your total experience, lose an equipped item

Safe(White) - You can't be killed by another player(unless you have a bounty on you, more below)

Parties Only(Green) - Same as No Morals, except only players in a party may enter this zone

What i want with most of the features i add, is i WANT people to engage others, be it outdoors or in dungeons.

What this also does is it allows developers to make monsters more rewarding, or less rewarding, or balancing monsters towards groups, and so on, there are more zone types planned, but i will reveal these for now.

Players(mostly caster classes, or hybrids)will have Energy Shield available

More equipment slots, mostly to get some accessories in the game

Custom class features for every endgame class

And much much more that will be revealed in time.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Defender's Point:

Spoiler

T2xEyK1.jpg

Rockhill Mines Teaser:

Spoiler

818yayA.png

Extremely unfinished, but still wanted to share, guarantee this will be an amazing town once the atmospheric parts are added, lights, hue, more cosmetic detail etc.

Rockhill:

Spoiler

ygK4Lcl.png

Janholt Areas

Spoiler

Rr9YhI2.png

Classes

Spoiler

You can branch out towards Weak Light(WL), or Weak Dark(WD) from a neutral starting point, and from each of those, you branch out to either Medium Light/Dark(ML, MD), or Strong Light/Dark(SL,SD), each significantly affects your position in the world, what equipment you can equip, what skills you can acquire, access to certain quests chains of varying length. Each of the last parts of the classes will have a unique ability for that class.

A few that i can show right now:

Nightblade: Name is invisible during night

Mercenary: Hook pull(projectile)

Bounty Hunter: Can see invisible units, & 2 second projectile stun

Crusader: AoE Knockback & 3 second stun

Spellweaver: Dispel any negative effect on you and restore full Energy

Warlock: Life leech Spell

Archmage: 500% increased mana shield and stun immunity for 6 seconds

Any of these are subject to change.

------------------------------------------------------

Class Chart

UgREfoZ.png

Current Progress & What's next?

Spoiler

Currently working with Beta 4.3, and waiting for future updates to make a play test work!

These things are mostly related to any play tests, and not directly related to what the finished product will look like

Some of the things that are pretty much completed:

Paperdolls (Note; this is only for a few items and temporary for play tests, will work on attack/cast animations when source is released)

Items, sprites, spells, animations, 

All in all, i'm pretty much changing some things around, updating old map parts, polishing content and doing internal testing, meaning once Interesct's future versions releases we'll be doing alpha testing!

I saw SCTrav working on this game, and he has a lot of great features.  I like his idea of having Light and Dark subclasses.  I like how he wants his game to be more of an open world where you can explore and discover countless gems, instead of a boring world where everyone just follows the same walkthrough guide.  I also like how his continents are set up.  For example, if you are a Wanderer, you start off in a dark forest and eventually need to find your way to some area near the castle and do a quest which will unlock the desert region.  SCTrav has a lot of experience with game engines and mapping, and I can't wait to see how his game develops.

3 hours ago, Craig1020 said:

This is really cool! Made me cry as to my own mapmaking abilities, damn that city is sweet :D

35 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Craig1020 You should've seen his streams (:

I will try to stream a bit more, i dev a lot more sporadically now due to my studies and other obligations. Also thank you for the compliments :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit delayed, but still, a few new screenshot updates before Beta 1!

Defender's Point:

Spoiler

T2xEyK1.jpg

Rockhill Mines Teaser:

Spoiler

818yayA.png

Extremely unfinished, but still wanted to share, guarantee this will be an amazing town once the atmospheric parts are added, lights, hue, more cosmetic detail etc.

Rockhill:

Spoiler

ygK4Lcl.png

Also update first post with these.

@Kibbelz I definitely understand it may seem like it, however this tree grows in the northwestern region of this continent, two forest zones bordering to the capital, and then the defender's point town which protects from the bridge shown in the defender's point screenshots. But i will definitely try to get some other content up here! Thanks :) 

Also it hit me, did you mean the Defender's Point maps don't have enough detail? Open the image in a new tab and zoom in, i can't add more detail without cluttering the maps.

7 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Yes i've seen the zoomed in map however maybe add a stream, some rocks.

Ahhh I see what you mean now. I haven't gotten around to that. I included the left side there to show the gate and mountain side. I've only done the trees, grass, and smaller flowers, if you look at some  of the other screenshots from the same zone they'll properly depict what the finished product will look like.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:27 PM, Miharukun said:

Awesome maps! :D You just gave me new inspiration for making maps, thanks a lot Trav!

Oh ya, how many maps connected in that Nusst Area? :o

Thank you!

The zone above Nusst is 65, Nusst is 75(including surrounding maps east and west of the actual city, that are outside the city walls), and the zone below Nusst is 60, and houses two dungeon, whereas one is smaller and gives more backstory to the bigger one.

9 hours ago, raeven said:

Love the mapping on this project!

Thank you!

Intersect Beta 1 is out! That means we're moving closer to player testing! Currently working on: Quests, Questchains, Paperdolls, Items, NPCs(custom with GCH!), and various other elements like resources, spells, etc! Once i've caught up somewhat with all the developing compared to all the mapping that's done, i will go over all the content, fix up the last of the maps required(some dungeon parts, puzzles, event driven stuff, and various other things), including making sure the cosmetic details are top notch! And then player testing will be right around the corner. This will all take a while but i'm sure it will be well worth it!

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, Sekiguchi Okitsugu said:

Really loving the maps, and the bounty!:)

Thank you! If i can get a bounty system that works like i have planned it should both be a major part/feature of the game, and promote both guilds, solo play, and PvP, this combined with the way i plan to incorporate zones with different rulesets would not force players to pvp, but at the same time encouraging pvp. It is one of the features i am most excited about.