NotAzizele

Arcwyre (Open Alpha)

184 posts in this topic

5q2qrgQ.png

Gu7whnU.png

Arcwyre is an old-school ORPG for PC being developed in the Intersect Engine. While the game has been in development for years, the power of the Intersect Engine has allowed us to move on to finally physically developing the game.

Arcwyre places you in Arcacia, a vast, open world with plenty to explore. Take part in Arcwyre's Campaign and play through the deeply written storyline which evolves with player interaction, or simply explore the world and forge your own story. 

Either way, there's always adventure to be had in the world of Arcacia!

zJH6w53.png

As of Alpha Build 0.04 Arcwyre boasts the following features:

Spoiler

- Dynamic NPC Interaction

Your decisions in the world of Arcacia will affect how NPC's treat you and what they're willing to share. This unlocks tons of replay value!

- Deep Crafting System

Arcwyre's Crafting System allow you to mix Reagents you find throughout the world to create powerful gear and items for yourself, crafted gear is often the strongest available but requires time and effort to gather the necessary Reagents.

- Intricate Quest Lines

Tired of being told to kill 3 Slimes and walk back to Farmer Joe? Well worry not, in Arcwyre every single quest is well thought out, purposeful and follows Arcwyre canon. So next time you talk to Farmer Joe, why not help him crush a                      corrupt religious establishment instead?

- Interactive Campaign

At any time a player may choose to begin or continue the Arcwyre Campaign, a single player-esque quest line(s) that is ever evolving due to decisions made by the playerbase, giving the players the ability to influence the Arcwyre Canon             in later chapters of the Campaign. Progressing and completing the current Campaign chapter unlocks new areas, recipes, items, and quests, not to mention the great rewards!

- Challenge Dungeons

For high level players who are looking for rewarding end-game content, you can enter Challenge Dungeons. These vamped up dungeons require a full party to enter and tight teamwork to clear. While the difficulty may be very high, the               drop rates on Challenge Dungeon monsters are considerably higher. 

- Lots, lots, lots more!

While I could go on and on about the possibilities, the best way to experience Arcwyre is to play! Dont forget to sign up for our next play test in March 2017!

qJhud7o.png

Spoiler

d9EhQEX.png

ZG1j4A2.png

ygwwSoa.png

8sS5BqL.png

cfhXBcY.png

pBXCJpi.png

L3RQ8M0.png

Spoiler

Lore Entry #1 (The Book of Strife and Conquest): A Land Of Gods

Spoiler

Streaks of lightning danced through darkness, illuminating the nothingness into a golden shimmer. "This land is that of the gods, all heretics will suffer the same fate!" Bellowed a deep voice from the black. "As Commander of the Sentinel Watch I sentence you to death for the crime of apostasy. Lay down your staff and I will make it painless." Three wisps of holy fire sprung to the air revealing a sickly, robed, man. "Salvation is ahead of me, Commander Delrith. If I die today it is with a clear conscience and faith in my gods. Your blade is not just. Murder is a stainful sin, one not so easily washed away by fine words and shiny armor." The old man gripped his staff tightly, the tips of his nails digging into the oak wood. With surprising dexterity the old man lifted his staff and fired a volley of napalm at his opponent. Before the man could lower his staff Commander Delrith was gone only to re appear in front of the man with impossible speed. Delrtih's blade mercilessly plunged between the old man's ribs. "This.. This much power.. It is evil. Whatever god you align yourselves with, it is no god of our realm." Blood poured from the man's mouth as he collapsed to the ground, lain in a pool of crimson. "Here lies Archangel Everrett, Apostate and Traitor." echoed through the cavern as the holy fire faded and the darkness swallowed the air. A chill sweeps over Arcacia.

Lore Entry #2 (The Book of Strife and Conquest): Homecoming

Spoiler

Trumpets fired into the morning air, beckoning the return of the Sentinel Watch. Townsfolk cheered and waved at the coming of their protectors. "Is it always this noisy after a mission Captain?" asked a fresh faced Sentinel Recruit. "Only on good days Erik, today marks a new vision for the future of Almdale, and the realm as a whole. We have felled a dangerous apostate and you should be honored at your reception." Captain Delrith's face turned to a grim smug. "Be wary of that inquisitive mind of yours, Erik. It could lead you to trouble." Erik silently nodded and proceeded to march. If they had preformed such a noble deed why did he feel as though he had done wrong? Could all of these cheering people really be so happy over the death of such a highly respected man? The thoughts darted to the back of his mind as the spatter of blood sprayed onto his face. As he wiped his eyes clear he saw in front of him another new recruit, Arman, falling to his knees. An arrow placed cleanly between his eyes. 

Silence followed by a devastating uproar swallowed Almdale as screams of panic ensued. "Ravager attack! Everybody get to cover!" Erik turned behind him to witness a force of a half dozen man charging towards the gates of the city. "Sentinels to arms!" Commander Delrith had already drawn his blade and begun his charge at the cultists. Before the rest of his force could react Delrith had slain four of the six. "His speed! Is he even human!?" Screamed Erik who had just now drawn his blade. By the time the rest of the force approached Delrith he stood atop a pile of bodies, with a dark smirk painting his face. "A good day indeed, Erik." he muttered. Storm clouds roll over Almdale.

UCjOI28.png

Spoiler

RGkW6UA.png

Sentinels are staunch protectors of the Chapel of Harmony, they act as a militant police force in Arcacia. While most Sentinels follow a very strict code of honor, their order has been under criticism for being corrupt and acting as both judge and jury. Sentinels excel in close quarters combat, they are trained in the use of melee weapons such as swords and spears. Sentinels also have access to holy magic, which can be used to support themselves or allies, or smite enemies down.

Starting Stats:

ATK: 8              DEF: 8                INT: 4                SPD: 2                RES: 3

Starting Spell:

Holy Strike: You swing an empowered attack with increased range dealing (120% ATK + 20% INT) as damage, the target also burns with holy fire, taking minuscule damage over time and silencing them for 4 seconds. 

WoO7SOV.png

Arcanists are powerful sorcerers who have unlocked the ability to perform Arcane Magic, a volatile and highly sought after form of magic. Arcanists live restricted lives, being forced by the Chapel of Harmony to remain in their Haven in the chapel in order to prevent wild magic from running free, Arcanists are often denied basic human rights and are viewed as weapons by both the public as well as the Chapel of Harmony. Arcanists excel in long range combat where they can pelt their enemies with a barrage of damaging spells and debuffs from a distance.

Starting Stats:

ATK: 2              DEF: 4                INT: 10              SPD: 4              RES: 6

Starting Spell:

Blast: You compress the air around your target and cause it to combust, dealing (140% INT) as damage.

2z0oUUq.png

Ravagers are both hunters and protectors of Highroad Clans, cult-like nomadic groups that move from camp to camp throughout Arcacia, preferring a natural life to that of a Stronghold. While often labeled as murderers, thugs, and rapists, most Ravagers simply want to live in peace, yet are constantly harassed and attacked by the Sentinel Watch, this treatment has sparked rebellion in Ravagers, causing them to attack Strongholds indiscriminately. Ravagers are master hunters excelling in both long range with bows and close range with daggers.

Starting Stats:

ATK: 8           DEF: 3               INT 3                 SPD: 10            RES: 4

Starting Spell:

Viper Bite: You throw a poisoned knife in the direction you are facing, if the knife makes contacts it deals (160% SPD + 10% ATK) as damage over 4 seconds.

CeIvNDY.png

Azizele - Creator/Lead Writer

Hanox - Lead Developer

JCSnider + Kibbelz - Creators of the Intersect Engine

Jason Szczepanik - Composer

Ascension Game Dev Community - Support and overall badassery.

(If I missed you it wasn't on purpose! Shoot me a PM and I'l be glad to add you to the list)

Generally you just post the url alone (no bb code or anything) and it should just appear like so:

I'm happy to approve this topic when you get your images in there :P

Bump:

Added media. I wont be releasing masses of media at once, I'd like to keep the game as fresh as possible when players start playing, I will be releasing small sneak peaks every couple days or so as well as a new lore entry every day starting tonight to give the players more background into the world around the game and better understand events of the main storyline.

Update:

Finalized the Logo,

Added Lore Entry#1 from the "Book of Strife and Conquest" to the lore section of the op.

Tomorrow I will be previewing Character Customization, a few new maps, the new gui and a couple fun little features. 

Any and all feedback is appreciated!! c:

Murdoc and Sekiguchi Okitsugu like this

My apologies for the silence guys, I'm currently porting over new graphics for the game as I have purchased resources. Once I'm finished formatting and redoing the maps I'll have tons of media for you guys,

In the mean time I've updated the original post with Lore Entry #2 from "The Book of Strife and Conquest".

Spoiler

Trumpets fired into the morning air, beckoning the return of the Sentinel Watch. Townsfolk cheered and waved at the coming of their protectors. "Is it always this noisy after a missions Captain?" asked a fresh faced Sentinel Recruit. "Only on good days Erik, today marks a new vision for the future of Almdale, and the realm as a whole. We have felled a dangerous apostate and you should be honored at your reception." Captain Delrith's face turned to a grim smug. "Be wary of that inquisitive mind of yours, Erik. It could lead you to trouble." Erik silently nodded and proceeded to march. If they had preformed such a noble deed why did he feel as though he had done wrong? Could all of these cheering people really be so happy over the death of such a highly respected man? The thoughts darted to the back of his mind as the spatter of blood sprayed onto his face. As he wiped his eyes clear he saw in front of him another new recruit, Arman, falling to his knees. An arrow placed cleanly between his eyes. 

Silence followed by a devastating uproar swallowed Almdale as screams of panic ensued. "Ravager attack! Everybody get to cover!" Erik turned behind him to witness a force of a half dozen man charging towards the gates of the city. "Sentinels to arms!" Commander Delrith had already drawn his blade and begun his charge at the cultists. Before the rest of his force could react Delrith had slain four of the six. "His speed! Is he even human!?" Screamed Erik who had just now drawn his blade. By the time the rest of the force approached Delrith he stood atop a pile of bodies, with a dark smirk painting his face. "A good day indeed, Erik." he muttered. Storm clouds roll over Almdale.

SkywardRiver likes this

The amount of projects we have and almost none of them using RMXP. Wow. This is awesome, those graphics are beautiful, created or bought? Beautiful nonetheless, going to take a second to read your lore, I'm a lore guy 8)

EDIT: read the lore, small but awesome. Excitement started early and caught my attention, people died. Good piece kept my attention the whole way through. Nice job. 

NotAzizele likes this

33 minutes ago, yeroC said:

The amount of projects we have and almost none of them using RMXP. Wow. This is awesome, those graphics are beautiful, created or bought? Beautiful nonetheless, going to take a second to read your lore, I'm a lore guy 8)

EDIT: read the lore, small but awesome. Excitement started early and caught my attention, people died. Good piece kept my attention the whole way through. Nice job. 

Thank you so much, it's good to get positive feedback especially on something you've worked so hard to create! I have about 96 chapters of lore left to release from this here notebook xD

small typo mate, I think xD

after a missions Captain

s to many I guess?

and

If they had preformed such 

should be performed?

nice story though :))

4 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

small typo mate, I think xD

after a missions Captain

s to many I guess? nice story though :))

How did I miss that! Thank you xD

This looks great! I can't wait to check it out either... tho 7,000 + planned quests? That's a ton, lol.

24 minutes ago, Nate said:

Looking great. Can't wait to try it out! Can definitely get a few friends in too ;)

Thanks! I can't wait for you to try it c:

6 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

This looks great! I can't wait to check it out either... tho 7,000 + planned quests? That's a ton, lol.

Yup, been in the works since 2009 c:

9 hours ago, MCADAMS said:

Love your lore man. I'm a lore buff too, looks great so far. Gl with your project

Haha thank you, it means alot. I'm also a huge lore buff so I spend a lot of time working on it to make the world seem as storied and vibrant as possible! :)

7 hours ago, pamiclo said:

can we play it ? i want play it too.

Not quite yet, But thank you for the interest! The open beta wont be til later this year but I will be doing a closed alpha for the members of AGD in a month or two if you're interested still c:

On 8/24/2016 at 0:15 AM, NightPotato said:

Sign me up for the closed alpha xD I got really pulled into the Lore and the map looks great

Will do c: and thank you!

On 8/24/2016 at 6:05 AM, pamiclo said:

Can you add me to closed alpha? I want to try it

There will be a sign up in a few weeks c:

Updated OP with new media to reflect the current art direction. Added screenshots of certain sections of Almdale City, the religious capital of Arcacia and home to the Chapel of Harmony.

3lyJycV.png

SpUbaUN.png

7TRyQLo.png

s3tHDOj.png