Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

5 minutes ago, magicmetal03 said:

Hi, I am new here, and I think we all have the same goal: To make a game.

Welcome to the forums! I hope we can all achieve that goal! :D

Hey everyone - my name is Nate. I've been a part of these branching communities since I was about 14, and have ultimately been decently quiet. I've have a few ideas here and there for ORPG's but never really had the time to stick around or the knowledge to program. The last couple years have really fueled my love for design and I've taken a few courses on Unity, and a little bit of dabbling in Blender. I love the idea of having a C# based engine and I'm excited to see where this goes.

I don't know how many veterans we have here, but the ORPG Dark Knights made with the PlayerWorlds/Mirage (I forget which, maybe it's neither) was the first game I ever played, and brought the tile based 2D ORPG's to the top of my genre list. I'd love to see a complete and balanced game come of this - and JC it's an absolute pleasure to be a part of the community. Huge fan of what you do.

Stoked to meet you all!

Nate

3 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Did you mean Noah?

Haha what in the hellll.

Nope - I am definitely Nate. Nathan to be exact... Nayte if you knew me through high school... But Nate will do. :P

Hello all

My name is chris

I go by REPTILE in all the games i play

Im 32 years old and i dont type well :)

Started playing mmorpgs back in the early 90s with Astonia3 and others

Years later i downloaded a version of eclipse with hopes of making a game but it was super buggy and only had some features i was looking for. It was fun playing with and easy for me being a newb. I even made my own maps and sprites using ms paint lol but Eventualy i lost my internet and put my pc away.

Sence then i had a family

Paid off our house

Found a great job that lets me stay home and dosnt take up much of my time.

Soooo this morning i dug my old pc out of the closet and blew the dust off it. 

Now that im older and have free time and my money is right i want to try and make-finish this game

And so im here :) 

Sounds like a great story, REPTILE! Welcome to the forum, its great to have you. There's tons of inspiration going around the forum, its awesome! Tis the spirit to make games! I hope Intersect or Orion tickles your fancy. New 1.7 update fixed tons of annoying bugs for me. 

Hey all my name is Arcainess or you can call me Martin Arcainess ^^ I love playing RPG's one of them being Final Fantasy and been playing FFXIV since Beta Phase 3 and now I love MMO's! I'm also the FC/guild leader of my group so when it comes to running/leading things I have experience in the area. I'm currently taking a course in web design. 

I like to create a enjoyable MMO that's focused on the community and delivering some fun, enjoyable content for everyone to enjoy. It's not gonna be heavy story based but more go out there, kill, get stronger and take on the next challenge!

Hello there, my name is Nick but everybody calls me Valiant. I'm 23 I've been using 2D Game Making engines to make RPG's for around 10 years now, I've been recently learning cross-platform app creation with Construct 2.I've used lots of pre-packaged ORPG Engines and this is the Engine I have been waiting for now ever since XW shut down. (Good riddance in my opinion). I seriously appreciate the work you are doing I love the synergy of this Engine and have decided to jump back into making the ORPG of my dreams!

I used to be an obsessive speedrunner/streamer but I've recently switch to making Youtube videos as those are much simpler for me to make than devoting X time to streaming. I play music and I currently live with my grilfriend and I'm getting back into developing with with this godsend of an engine.

Shoutouts to the AGD community and of course it's creator - thanks guy and I hope to meet everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am Colin, 26 years old. I hope to find a great base of a game in this engine. I was using eclipse long ago and just did not like the drama in the community. Now that there is something new and a focus on open source and sharing of knowledge I couldn't be happier. 

I will be work on a game with a team of two others for now. 

Im excited to be here and hope to watch this community grow and be part of it.

@Kidlion It's always nice to see new people (: may I ask what engine you plan to use and who you are going to work with? (I wasn't on eclipse so I won't know them probably)

Edit: Just so you know today everyone's kinda off going back to college and stuff ):