Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

8 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Does a game engine count? I am still hoping to give Intersect its chance on greenlight before too long :P

From what I see so far, you're definitely moving in the right direction! Might be just what the community needs, Steamers would probably go crazy with something like this, considering it's much easier to pick up than something like Unity.

hey, i'm navjack27! don't wanna say all that much yet bout myself. i always liked this game engine and the one that came before it. the style of it and ease of use is just great.

i've never been a person who could get into and understand programming but i've always liked tinkering with world building and map editors and stuff like that. i've always really enjoyed working with the ones that were more visual and drag and drop rather then SEEMINGLY over-convoluted in their approach. i think the editor in warcraft 3 was just great, making custom maps was a ton of fun. i sometimes lack in creativity but i enjoy the process even if its not something that gets released or used by anyone but me.

Hello, I'm going to be quick. I'm a graphic design freelancer, I'm from Romania and I am here because I originally was an user on the Eclipse forums. 

My hobbies are photography, gaming, design too, obviously, and writing quotes.

Hello! My name is Ludwig, 16 years old & I am from Sweden.

I have been messing around with programming - in Java - for a couple of years,
but am just now starting to get the hang of it.

This community seemed nice & small which is why I have decided to join it.
Hopefully I will be able to learn more about game development & programming in general!

Hey peeps, I'm xelander, some know me, some does not.

I'm 20 years old and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I spend most of my free time playing video games or card games nowadays. Not a lot more to say about me, I'm a kind person, usually try to do the right thing, doesn't always work out though.

Thought it was about time I checked this place out, glad to see you all.

I forgot to introduce myself, Hi i am Or3o, I fix junk and make stuff, I am not too great at game making but i do enjoy testing stuff out. I mostly work on hardware. I fix and modify videogame consoles among other things.

I never introduced myself... How sad... Any who here we go.

I'm currently known as Blue. Some may know me better as crzy, crzy the hated, crzyone9584, The Doctor, The Crzy Doctor. I've used many names on here and eclipse back in the day.

Age: 28 only younger than Damian and oero as of now.. Hopefully that will change. :P and more older people will join.

Job: I currently work for Spanga Software. It is a Real Estate software/web development company for GetMoreOffers.com which is a Florida and Colorado Real Estate Company. I've worked with them for the past year and don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Game Dev: I've been doing game dev as a hobby since roughly May of 2008 which started with RPG Maker and eventually updated to EO 1.0 and EO 2.0 during the Robin years.

Personal Crap - I'm actually working on creating my own software development company called Nofida Software LLC. I'm in the process of filling out the paper work and creating the site. I'm currently still in college obtaining my B.S. in computer science. I go to SNHU online and should be done in another year or 2. 

Thats about it. Have any questions just ask through pm or on my profile wall.

Name's Mason, got the name Maysoon from a friend who called me that all the time. I started on Eclipse around 5 years back under the name Weegee. I'm going onto my final year of high school now and program from time to time, granted I am not that good at it. Currently I live in Taiwan but before I've lived in China and the U.S. for most of my life. I'll be surprised if anyone remembers me.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:05 AM, Exipe said:

-snip-

On 7/2/2016 at 4:42 AM, xelander said:

-snip-

On 7/2/2016 at 11:26 AM, Blue said:

-snip-

Welcome everyone to the forums, its great to have you!

On 7/2/2016 at 6:15 PM, Maysoon said:

-.snip-

My last name is Masson (pronounced "Mason"), welcome to the forums, mate! :)

Welcome @gaveitatry! I'm glad you found us! I will have to reach out to Justin and thank him for the referral and any others he has sent our way -- I didn't even know he was working on Mystica let alone that it made it on steam that's awesome news!

Look around, ask questions, give Intersect a try and let us know what you think along how we can help you get started. Welcome to AGD!

Oh wow I forgot about this. :P

Well, hi I registered in Eclipse back in 2009 or 2010, can't remember. Since then I learnt how to program and even worked on some Eclipse projects that used Eclipse Origins as a base. I stopped having interest in programming like two years ago and it wasn't until like 2 months ago I decided to visit back Eclipse. A few days ago I saw that the freemmorpgmaker.com domain redirected to here, and I liked it a lot better, so that's why I'm here. :P I haven't touched programming for personal use in quite a long time (have only been coding for my class at high school, which is in Java yuck) and I'd like to establish in this community since I'm planning on trying to do something with C#, and actually try to finish something for once lol.

Other than that, I like gaming and I play a lot of LoL (sadly) in NA, so I guess if any of you play there too we could play someday. I'm a sad Silver V so I'm not that good :P

Anyway, glad to be here and I certainly wouldn't have found this site so easily without that redirect, thanks for that lol.

46 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

Other than that, I like gaming and I play a lot of LoL (sadly) in NA, so I guess if any of you play there too we could play someday. I'm a sad Silver V so I'm not that good :P

A silver-shitter urgh. Get to Diamond you baddie ;')

Jokes aside, welcome to AGD! I hope you can show us an epic project with Intersect :D

I know :/ I see diamond off my reach but I'd be very happy if I could reach gold before the end of the season. :P 

As for the project, I am interested in looking at Intersect once it's source is released, but I'll be going for something I make by myself from scratch. I can do it, and I have, I just never finished before lol.

Hello Ascension community!

First off let me start with saying that I'm very happy to be here! It seems great and I'm really hyped to see some old folks from Eclipse "good-old-days" around *wink wink* 

So let's start my introduction: 

I'm Daniel, also know as.. ehhmm Ne[o]x, I joined Eclipse back in 2008 and got instantly in love with the engine and community (shout-out to Marsh for his awesome community management. ZoSo for his creativity and Robin for his contributions. You guys made "the Eclipse" I remember and cherish so much). Shortly after I joined my first topic/question on Eclipse was "How do I remove a tile" Ahhh the good days, was to dumb to try right clicking :) But that's when my love to Eclipse also started as I remember Anna (I hope I got her name good) took the time to give me the answer and direct me to the docs, without laughing at me (for me that was huge at that time).

Fast forwarding a few months and years I started to understand how this "Game Development" thingies work and just like everyone I started my own project which was ugly, thinking back I'm ashamed of myself xD Later on I started working on projects such as Silverdale, Blasters Online (Bomberman Clone but in a Arena Style, with ranking, power ups and all that goodies)  and other big projects that never saw the light.

As many others, I started to drift apart as I noticed that the engines keep changing, nothing goes beyond the "idea / beta" stage and as I saw that the engine have less and less features/systems code. My "dearest" memory is the old Eclipse forums, will sectioned, well maintained with in-depth tutorials which spanned from Coding to Mapping to Pixel Art to anything that meant game development, things that for me where and still are important. I'm in no way a good coder (I'm actually sh*t) I'm not a Art guy (again I'm poo poo) but I had my dream "Make a game and call it my own" which kept me going for a while.

Fast forwarding a few years: Promising projects kept popping now and then but never got finished (I'm not judging nor discrediting the developers, I know first hand that life is a B.... ) which impacted me, and other dev that have the same skill set (aka non-existing) when comes to coding, the most as I was left with broken, unfinished engines to work with, and we all know that you couldn't do too much with the later engines. So to this date I kept looking and hoping for that one new project to come, to make me feel relive that good old days, to make me want to spend 10 hours straight mapping and thinking about what I could do with what the engine has to offer.

At this point I'm gonna stick around, I hope to see more of my old friends around (sorry that I didn't keep in touch for so long) and slowly I'll be looking to rebuild my authority and name I once had around on Eclipse!

So to end this discussing wall of text,  I would like to congratulate the own(s) on their job and to give a suggestion: Please code, fix, improve on that engine that you have right now, it's good! I love it. Please don't change it light seasons change, that will only make the end product worst and will make end users with nothing to work, once again :( 

Ahh and my English is kinda bad, please don't be too harsh on me :)

I don't want to say too much about myself but I'm from London and have been a modder and game player for years I have gone by many names through the years and used to be a Call of Duty World at War Modder and have been playing and modding games all my life.