MMO-RPG Game with RPG Maker MV

Boss

hello friends i want to make an online game with rpg maker mv , here is a mmo kit developed by vinxce for rpg maker mv it is developed by using java script , and i know only about c++  so i need help , pls try to run this kit  and if you can easily edit it and run it than tell me 

Here is the link for the kit : https://github.com/vinxce/RMMV-MMO-webkit/

Thank you

7 hours ago, Boss said:

hello friends i want to make an online game with rpg maker mv , here is a mmo kit developed by vinxce for rpg maker mv it is developed by using java script , and i know only about c++  so i need help , pls try to run this kit  and if you can easily edit it and run it than tell me then 

Here is the link for the kit : https://github.com/vinxce/RMMV-MMO-webkit/

Thank you

Seems to work "Straight out of the box" did you install Node.js npm and MongoDB with no errors?

Dude I installed all the things with no error but I don't know why this kit not working . I notice 2 bugs in this kit when I register then it activation mail sender system not works properly and when two players join the game then they can't able to see each other . so pls help me if you can fix these bugs 

Moved to the RPG Maker board.

Sorry I'd love to give this a go and see how it works but I don't have MV. I would suggest that you steer clear of this system for awhile longer. I don't know if the dev is still working on it or not but the massive lack of instructions, configuration options, and lax readme is going to make doing anything very difficult.

I can't tell for certain, but I see some broken code in some of those files, and it's using a handful of large libraries that are overkill for this kind of thing. It's definitely immature for now, and hasn't been updated in a while. I'm not even sure if it's finished yet...

thank you !

And here is a good news also i just fixed a bug now our accounts  activate properly but now i want to fix the second bug.

About second bug: players cant see each others online.

But it is very difficult for me because i know only about c++ , i cant handle javascript codes 

so i need help if anyone know javascript then pls try to fix this bug thank you

On 7/12/2016 at 2:06 AM, Boss said:

thank you !

And here is a good news also i just fixed a bug now our accounts  activate properly but now i want to fix the second bug.

About second bug: players cant see each others online.

But it is very difficult for me because i know only about c++ , i cant handle javascript codes 

so i need help if anyone know javascript then pls try to fix this bug thank you

If you know C++ why not just us The Mana World? Or are you dead set on using RPG Maker MV?

Actually blue rpg maker mv graphics is really good . and making game with mv is also easy if we can link this engine with server and database using this type of kit then it will help many other peoples

12 hours ago, Boss said:

Actually blue rpg maker mv graphics is really good . and making game with mv is also easy if we can link this engine with server and database using this type of kit then it will help many other peoples

If its the graphics style you can pretty much import that style into any 2d game engiine. Just have to make it so that the graphic are chopped up how the engine uses. Also RPG Maker MV also costs money. Most people here are hobbiest and don't want to speed that much money. Though I do see your point.

MV would be awesome with an updater and a LAN plugin, no need for mmo, because, let's be serious, if u want to make a mmorpg, u will need money and good ideas, and more money, else everything u make is just a hobby game, it won't matter for anyone other than ur mom and friends.

I used to run a old Pokemon game which was a weird merge between Pokemon Essentials Starter kit for XP and RMX-OS the online system created by Blizzard.

One of the biggest problems we had was that all of the logic was processed on the client and the server never checked any of the data so it was beyond easy to hack. Is that the same with this system? If so, it's not fit at all for any online play. (Except for co-op, maybe)

Yeah, RM is for single playuer games; all of the code is client-side, because there is no server. Adding a server and multiplayer is just asking for trouble when the code is all in a folder on your  computer.

hey friends i know that giving the files to clients is like challenging hackers to hack our game but this kit check many things and if you are a good programmer then you can add many more verification points in your game and the good thing about rpg maker mv is that it export the game for websites also so if you dont want to give your client all the files then simply add your game on your website .

And i also know about  rmx-os but JCSNIDER can you pls tell me how you linked the pokemon essential with RMX-OS or you can send me the link of your project ?

Thank you

What we are saying is that RPG Maker is built for single player games and should be used as such. Multiplayer engines are built differently from the ground up becuae the designs are so different. 

Anyways I'm sorry but I can't send you any info on my old project. If you google Pokemon Neon you might find a few old images but that's all that's left. It feels like it was a lifetime ago.