Official Pokemon GO Thread

Damian666

Appears for me hahaha it's the loading screen. I don't usually take walks or running but I guess I know my route. As you can tell my battery drain is real. And yes off to the right WAS a free gym however I watched someone take it ^^ so cool I'm in Pokemon heaven. 

47FgVRD.jpg

This game is pretty sweet.

I caught a Bulbasaur (cabbage) from Professor Willow.

Proceeded out my door and to the local park, a few pokestops at local fountains plazas and signs.

Saw 3-4 other Pokemon Go players in like 30 min walk around my neighborhood.

There are 2 gyms nearby me as well I will need to start workin towards.

A very cool little experience, first truly fun map based AR game Ive ever played.  Makes my neighborhood a bit more magical :P

@Henry I've meet a lot of people in my apartment complex the last 2 days because of Pokemon Go. You can tell they are playing cause they will walk then stop for like 2-3 minutes then start walking again lol. Plus our main entrance is a Poke stop so you see them walk up the hill and stand there stairing at their phones... lol

@Blue yeah this exactly, there is a small park by my house and it has 2-3 art installations. Each one is a poke stop and its obvious when someone walks right up to it with thier phone. Hahah. I agree you can totally tell the pokemon Go players.

I have to say for a free AR experience it really is quite neat, it feels like a type of gaming Ive never played before incorporating things around my neighborhood

56 minutes ago, Henry said:

I have to say for a free AR experience it really is quite neat, it feels like a type of gaming Ive never played before incorporating things around my neighborhood

Going to say you never played Ingress. Which Pokemon Go is based off of and uses the same data... Though in Ingress you don't have to walk around...

Ingress is cool too! Pokemon Go is awesome I work at a mall and seen hundreds of people checking in the 7 poke stops and 1 gym that we have throughout the whole mall, games freaking awesome dude and it's really bringing trainers together! Couple people on the PGO Reddit got a date because of PGO, go check it out. 

Same here I walked over 12km today, whatever that is in miles lol. And met tons of people, a restaurant seconds from my house is a gym I own it's 1:18 am and I just saw 3 people there and talked to 2 of em XD I love it

41 minutes ago, yeroC said:

Same here I walked over 12km today, whatever that is in miles lol. And met tons of people, a restaurant seconds from my house is a gym I own it's 1:18 am and I just saw 3 people there and talked to 2 of em XD I love it

12km is around 7mi.

The closest gym and PokeStop is at work for me.

8 hours ago, yeroC said:

Well isn't Bob the builder the achiever. Hell man I'd love to do that in one day. Though with work, and my pup i is kinda hard to do.

On 07/07/2016 at 7:12 PM, Ghostly said:

@Blue Servers man. Idk why sometimes it gets stuck there when they are down. They go on like 30mins then down again. :/

Or the second option is you have loose your life since the game releash 

8 hours ago, Gibier said:

Or the second option is you have loose your life since the game releash 

I had no life to begin with... So meh.

Evolved my Eevee into a Floreon. So happy i got that one. It is up to CP 705 now.

I've had some pretty good luck with mine. I've got 34 different Pokemon so far. Seems Eevee's and their evolution's will be pretty common. I got my girlfriend to give it a try and she got hooked. So now she is watching (by her own choosing) the entire Kanto original Poke'mon series to learn more about them. So I've been enjoyed going down memory lane from old days when I got home from school when I was a kid..

Also incase someone hasn't mentioned it here you guys all know how to find Pikachu as your starter? If not its pretty easy, just walk away from the three Willow shows you at first and the like third or fourth time they reappear a Pikachu will be there as well.

14 hours ago, Gibier said:

Nice are you guys have many magicarp or raticate? Seems to have a lot of them xD

I evolved my rattatat into a raticate. I've found a few raticate not many. As for magikarp I have only been able to get two...