Official Pokemon GO Thread

Damian666

24 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Game seems to be real bad about letting you catch everything for awhile and then nothing for awhile and then back to everything.  Never really consistent.

I think this is more due to the servers being rushed with requests and they can't keep up. Though Its okay.

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

How do you get this AR mode?

Should be default. If not I noticed an AR slider when a pokemon appears on the upper right corner that has a label called AR. Then lower right corner before you catch the pokemon is the camera button you can take pictures before you catch the pokemon. (Note this is iOS so it may be different for Android not sure)

As for the pokestops, They work for me, With in about a mile I have 5 poke stops and 1 gym. 1.5 miels its up to 7 poke stops if I counted correctly and 2 gyms...

Ok this is what I got from it so far, cities have tons of poke stops, places that are landmarks are typically poke stops, post office, ymca, awesome custom car shop and a brewery are poke stops that aren't far, a famous restaurant is a gym. Roaming neighborhoods seems you can only find Pokemon not poke stops, has to have significance behind it to be a poke stop. So things like a restaurant that's always busy can potentially be a gym for you etc. 

I found my first Pokestop today at my work place, there's a water tower a bit into the woods and I took a golf cart out there and found it :D Got some pokeballs as a reward which isnt that sick but the whole exploration thing is awesome.

b63ba62d38df10e8fc45f9be65d48e5f.jpg