Incredibly easy /commands tutorial

Kibbelz

Yo everybody, while preparing for the alpha of Nightmare, I decided we needed some player /commands to spice up the chat. I felt like releasing a tutorial on this since no one had really done this yet and I feel this is a nice little perk for your game community to interact with one another! Trust me, when you have a server with 30-40 people they love to use these all the time!

Before we start, be sure to learn the chat commands in the event editor located here: 

Just a small heads up! This guide is a little dated and be sure to check in the above topic for the latest way to get variables in event messages. (I might update this tutorial at some point in the future...)

Without further ado, lets head to the common event editor! Look below for some example commands I made for nightmare! Hopefully from this you should be able to make your own!

Basic one liner commands:

Spoiler

image.png

Basic condition commands:

Spoiler

image.png

Using the \param chat command:

Spoiler

image.png

Calling in the game time variables:

Spoiler

image.png

Using variables:

Spoiler

Coin flip command:

image.png

Dice roll command:

image.pngimage.png

In game results:

Spoiler

image.png

Hopefully you all will be able to make some of your own inventive commands! You can also use /commands as emoticons in game by playing an in game animation on the player in game like smilies etc. Got any really cool commands you've made? Post em here :D

• 1 month later...
  • jcsnider pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Hello!

Frist of all, 
Thank you for this... It gives me some understanding to creating chat commands, which will come very useful.
I do however, have two questions.  First, where is the link to learning coding for this engine, like the strings, functions, things like that?
Second, is it possible to create a chat command like /year and customize the year with the current map a players on?

Thank you

1 hour ago, starlord said:

Hello!

Frist of all, 
Thank you for this... It gives me some understanding to creating chat commands, which will come very useful.
I do however, have two questions.  First, where is the link to learning coding for this engine, like the strings, functions, things like that?
Second, is it possible to create a chat command like /year and customize the year with the current map a players on?

Thank you

Hi starlord,

There is not any link to learning how to code intersect engine since it is not open source yet, so you can't modify it yet. Only way to "code" is making complex event systems.

About the second question, I don't think so. I think you can only display the time of the server's time zone, but I'm not sure.