Make a Dummy NPC?

emptyaccount

Question

13 answers to this question

I think no, but I have an idea for for something similar.

Put the enemy with Npc Avoid attribute around it. The enemy template must have only one view to make looks him like he isn't walking. The idea is enclose the enemy with that attribute, he will not walk in that way. Now you have to think how to make the enemy don´t attack.

1 hour ago, Refur said:

I think no, but I have an idea for for something similar.

Put the enemy with Npc Avoid attribute around it. The enemy template must have only one view to make looks him like he isn't walking. The idea is enclose the enemy with that attribute, he will not walk in that way. Now you have to think how to make the enemy don´t attack.

Thank you! :16_relieved:

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Make a resource with no weapon type requirements.

Thank you! I think that may work :3_grin:

23 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

4.6 npcs with 0 base damage and 0 scaling won't do damage. 

^_^ nice, will they be static?

To properly do this (atm in the engine) you can do it one of two ways: (3 using Kibbelz way, I haven't touched resources yet.)

Option 1:

Set the NPC (in question) sprites (Paperdoll, the entity folder) ALL to be exactly the same, this way when you attack the NPC it does not show that it turned.

Set the NPC as Guard, this way it will not move.

Set the NPC's HP at 1, and respawn at 0.  Or as high as you want it to be.

Place the NPC with a spawn point.

This option will show the NPC respawn for a split second.

Option 2:

Set a sprite (from your spritesheet) down on the map, this will be the "look" for the dummy.

Set the NPC to have NO sprite.

Set the NPC as a Guard, this way it will not move.

Set the NPC's HP at 1, respawn at 0. (Or again as high as you want it to be.) I set it at 1 so that it can be used for a tutorial quest.

This option works well, only downfall is if the sprite for the dummy is medium to big sized, the NPC name will show in the middle... <--- @jcsnider can we maybe make it higher when no sprite is selected? (Or option to turn NPC names off?)

Hopefully this helps and have fun!

19 minutes ago, nizate said:

To properly do this (atm in the engine) you can do it one of two ways: (3 using Kibbelz way, I haven't touched resources yet.)

Option 1:

Set the NPC (in question) sprites (Paperdoll, the entity folder) ALL to be exactly the same, this way when you attack the NPC it does not show that it turned.

Set the NPC as Guard, this way it will not move.

Set the NPC's HP at 1, and respawn at 0.  Or as high as you want it to be.

This option will show the NPC respawn for a split second.

Option 2:

Set a sprite (from your spritesheet) down on the map, this will be the "look" for the dummy.

Set the NPC to have NO sprite.

Set the NPC as a Guard, this way it will not move.

Set the NPC's HP at 1, respawn at 0. (Or again as high as you want it to be.) I set it at 1 so that it can be used for a tutorial quest.

This option works well, only downfall is if the sprite for the dummy is medium to big sized, the NPC name will show in the middle... <--- @jcsnider can we maybe make it higher when no sprite is selected? (Or option to turn NPC names off?)

Hopefully this helps and have fun!

I will try these and if they don't work the way I want it, I'm just going to make random basic monsters instead. Thank you! :3_grin:

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Literally just make a resource with the dummy sprite... Not sure why you'd do it any othet way when this way works just fine without having to hassle with npc avoids and other properties in the NPC editor.

Does this work with Quests?