Tomson

Need help on port forwarding

Question

I used Netgear router if anyone can explain me how to port forward with pics that would be great cause i dont even know basics of all this and i have tried many ways of port forwarding but all of it failed also my firewall is off still doesnt work:/I wanna share my game with my friends so badly:/

26 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, KingAether said:

Intersect's server does that by default on its own, but clearly it's not working on his case. (UPnP is enabled by default on the majority of home routers/modems.)

And yes, I know this is in the Orion+ section, but one of his screenshots has the Intersect server running.

It really depends on your router model how this works, for example in mine I need to set it up in two different places. (NAT and Security Policy)

This website has a fairly comprehensive list of routers on it with instructions on how to port forward, perhaps it'll lead you in the right direction? https://portforward.com/router.htm

Send a screenshot of the following:

1. Your server. 

2. Your netgear port forwarding page.

and then open powershell and type in ipconfig then hit enter and send a screenshot of what that shows too. 

Probably something that looks similar to your router, wherever your internet connection comes in.

Sometimes in shared buildings there's one modem with several split off networks through attached routers creating a double NAT situation, it'd be incredibly difficult (or impossible) to portforward properly through that unless the landlord lets you.

I don't know then, might just be your ISP not allowing it then. Some do that on non-business lines.

Your settings look to be in order, but if nothing can connect then obviously something is still blocking/dropping the actual connection.

It doesn't work that way, if you can't open ports on your firewall they can't connect from the outside world. We can't exactly configure your router/firewall or other devices in your network for you.

What you could do, before tinkering too much is call your ISP and ask if they block hosting any services from within your local network. If they do, can either ask them to remove that block or just find some other place to host the game on.

9 hours ago, Tomson said:

can u make me a already config server that i can just edit and play with my friends pls?:/

Dosen't really work like that. Either you port forward or get a VPS :\