WIP Elder Tales - Fantasy MMORPG 2D

gallighanmaker

2xQ9LuR0SYmnqsuz-X-sXw.png

Project Concept
This is a project made in Unity Engine (Version 5+), C#.

Free to play

Informations

• Pixel Multiplayer Fantasy RPG
  • Tiled Based Characters and Maps
  • Photon Networking Engine
  • SQL Server Data Engine
  • World TCP Server Socket (C#)

Features

• Multiplayer
  • Cross-plataform
  • Open World
  • Immersive map design based on tilesets
  • Elaborated maps with forests, rivers, mountains, ice places, villages and citys.
  • Fun and beautiful 2d graphics (WIP design)
  • Advanced melee/ranged/magic combat system
  • Chat with players, trade, party and guilds etc...
  • Day, night, rain and snow cycles
  • Explore, build, fight and rise.
  • Be a hero or farmer, be a expert swordmaster or intelligent alchymist, be everything you want.

Day and Night System (old), new version will come.

DayNight_Cycle.png

Test Server:

Server_test_connections_1.png

The test performed above shows the server's large capacity to handle connections and multiple requests at the same time.

Panels with fade in and fade out

I have been added fade in and fade out effects to the panels like login, account etc... These effects give a better look at screen transitions and are widely used.

login.gif

In the above gif you can already see a change in the visuals of texts, colors and design but the graphic question will still be improved but it is something that we can use for test versions.

Character Creation

Some changes were made in character creation but it is also in progress because I want to add character customization but until then already works with the new server and 100% original

creation.gif

The character creation is already synchronized with the server, has been added function to delete the character, until then can only have one per user but it is something that I will plan to add new slots in the future.

New panels in-game

The panels inside the game have also been restructured, with a better look and new concepts. all information is already being saved and loaded by the new server.

LauncherTest2.gif

The panels are draggable and have best fit into all screen resolutions.

Equipment System and new UI

Previously I had not implemented 100% the equipment system and the inventory but in this new update already we can see this advance when equipping items to show a visual in the player. Everything is synchronized between the server and client, all players can equip items, walk, have their own information stored and shared when necessary.

mnM2TyYvQIGqGkYsgho31Q.png

(sorry, i'm naked).

All graphics so far are free and may change over time but I really liked this new interface and I will keep this pattern for now.

Map Overhaul

I made some modifications in the world and the map where players will start the adventure but it is still in progress and will be added all objects, npcs, animals, effects etc... but I would like to share some pictures of the work that I am doing in the maps.

Spoiler

map_overhaul_1.png

map_overhaul_2.png

map_overhaul_3.png

map_overhaul_4.png

map_overhaul_5.png

I'm only using free resources but it can be changed over time but in the same color and concept pattern.

Forward

From now on I will further advance the project, improve some current functions and implement new systems. Soon we will have the long awaited test version even though it contains problems but will be essential for the project. In the roadmap I already have all tasks including the game world (maps) and not just systems features, because it is something that I want to evolve enough to launch a test version.

Thanks guys!

Continue to support us, the community is very important to the project.

@Gravelord

The game is free to play, I added to the topic as you suggested.

Regarding the distribution of points, I will still work on this part and in the best possible way to balance the players. Maybe modify to static or random points for each class or something of that type.  I'm going to start improving that part by the time I add the combat system between players and monsters.

Thank you for your comment, this feedback is very important.

@Crest

I understand your point, but I'm not using the Unity network system, but a C # system using sockets and photon network to handle some in-game stuff. So far I have had good feedback from the netcode I am using and is increasingly being improvised. Of course not everything is perfect but I'm having a positive feedback using SQL Server + Socket Serer C # and Unity to do the client part.

Thank you for your comment, I hope you follow the project, every suggestion is welcome.

• 1 year later...