Vitaly

If i have a project with my friend?

Question

Hello. The question is: If i want to make a game porject with my friends and stuff, then which files i need to send him to so he can and we can work together on a game. For example he is mapper and im items/events etc maker.

48 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Gibier said:

Just do the opposite of this: 

So just send all the client's files to your friends. And don't forget to change the server ip in the config.xml to yours. The server is set to localhost by defaut.

To know your ip: https://www.ipchicken.com

2 hours ago, Gravelord said:

You have to send him everything except for the server folder. Then you make his account have admin by typing /poweracc friend 2 in the server.

Make sure you put your IP in the config.xml in the client folder, so he can join your server.

Do i have to host a server too or something? Or i just run my server and he is able to join?

1 minute ago, Vitaly said:

Do i have to host a server too or something? Or i just run my server and he is able to join?

Just run the server. If you set server ip in the config.xml (client side) to your external ip like i said before it should work fine.

Thought try to connect to your game with your external to be sure that the other aren't block by your firewall.

8 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Just run the server. If you set server ip in the config.xml (client side) to your external ip like i said before it should work fine.

Thought try to connect to your game with your external to be sure that the other aren't block by your firewall.

I tried it, it says that the server is down.

Just now, Vitaly said:

I tried it, it says that the server is down.

So your firewall block the connection you will need to make an exception to the server. What do you use? Windows defender ?

10 minutes ago, Gibier said:

I think my firewall is blocking the connection, how can i fix that?

Just now, Gibier said:

So your firewall block the connection you will need to make an exception to the server. What do you use? Windows defender ?

My antivirus is Microsoft security essentials.

3 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

I have soo many intersect servers there, like 10. Should i add them all?

Ehhh? Ok maybe you have moved the server local multiple time and it duplicated it in the firewall. I don't have windows 7 anymore so i'm not sure. But basiclly all the firewall should tell you the path location of the exception. Just find the good one and delete the other.

3 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Ehhh? Ok maybe you have moved the server local multiple time and it duplicated it in the firewall. I don't have windows 7 anymore so i'm not sure. But basiclly all the firewall should tell you the path location of the exception. Just find the good one and delete the other.

Hmm, still same problem error and cant connect to server. I even tried to turn off my antivirus and whole firewall, still. Hm?

Well seems that your router firewall block it. You'll need to open the port use by your server. To be able to make something like:

27e0511fd94e1b80c40ec407e6ed4fa6.png

(how mine work)

You will need to know the name of your router to be sure to enter in the administrator panel of your router. The website of the compagny of your router should have a tutorial to do it. If you don't find it just write on google "How to open port (router name)" 

It's very important to write the router name and the compagny cause alot of router doesn't use the same admin panel even if they are made by the same compgagny.

14 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

Hmm, still same problem error and cant connect to server. I even tried to turn off my antivirus and whole firewall, still. Hm?

As the mod just said, you'll either need to port forward (follow what he said), or, alternatively, run a fake LAN network that you and your friend both connect to so you don't need to. Hamachi or Tunngle both serve this purpose.

31 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Well seems that your router firewall block it. You'll need to open the port use by your server. To be able to make something like:

27e0511fd94e1b80c40ec407e6ed4fa6.png

(how mine work)

You will need to know the name of your router to be sure to enter in the administrator panel of your router. The website of the compagny of your router should have a tutorial to do it. If you don't find it just write on google "How to open port (router name)" 

It's very important to write the router name and the compagny cause alot of router doesn't use the same admin panel even if they are made by the same compgagny.

So i just portfoward my ip from ipchicken?

No your internal ip, but the admin panel should give you your internal ip when you'll create your port forward. If it give you multiple internal ip, find the name of your pc in windows.

45 minutes ago, Gibier said:

No your internal ip, but the admin panel should give you your internal ip when you'll create your port forward. If it give you multiple internal ip, find the name of your pc in windows.

Thanks, one more question, am i able to port foward my server from another PC and from another network?

1 hour ago, Gibier said:

And one more little problem is that i dont own my internet router. Our neighbours do and we just share that internet to 3 other people. As i dont own my internet router idk the router name and pass also.

1 minute ago, Vitaly said:

And one more little problem is that i dont own my internet router. Our neighbours do and we just share that internet to 3 other people. As i dont own my internet router idk the router name and pass also.

Please edit instead of posting another reply when the last post is yours.

Well in this case you'll need to ask the informations to the router owner.

Thanks, one more question, am i able to port foward my server from another PC and from another network?

Not to sure what you mean. Do you mean if you can open the server on another pc and having the server like it would be on this actual pc ?

16 hours ago, Gibier said:

Please edit instead of posting another reply when the last post is yours.

Well in this case you'll need to ask the informations to the router owner.

Not to sure what you mean. Do you mean if you can open the server on another pc and having the server like it would be on this actual pc ?

I mean if i have 2 pcs. And if i portfoward on my second pc and run server on my main pc will it work? And both computers have different internet connection.

And maybe i have something wrong here?

servu.PNG

If the two pc would be on the same internet connection it would work. Cause the two pc would be on the same internet connection and router. So the two pc would use the same local ip (except the last number) and could connect to the router.

The first would have the ip XXX.XXX.X.1

The second would have the ip XXX.XXX.X.2

So the only way to do what you ask to connect the second pc on same router to set the portforward (port 7777 and the local ip of the pc which run the server). Or maybe try to control the second pc with the second one by using a software (https://www.teamviewer.com/fr/)

Altrnatively you will need to run the server on the second pc and open the port on his router or go on the actual pc which run the server and making the portforward on it.

22 minutes ago, Gibier said:

If the two pc would be on the same internet connection it would work. Cause the two pc would be on the same internet connection and router. So the two pc would use the same local ip (except the last number) and could connect to the router.

The first would have the ip XXX.XXX.X.1

The second would have the ip XXX.XXX.X.2

So the only way to do what you ask to connect the second pc on same router to set the portforward (port 7777 and the local ip of the pc which run the server). Or maybe try to control the second pc with the second one by using a software (https://www.teamviewer.com/fr/)

Altrnatively you will need to run the server on the second pc and open the port on his router or go on the actual pc which run the server and making the portforward on it.

Mhm. But thats the problem i cant portfoward with my actual main server pc, because i do not own the router and i dont know the details (admin name and pass). But still i can portfoward and run server with my second pc. But do you know how do i make my server 24/7 online? I cant let me second pc run all the days and nights.