How to get the game so that people can join--problems with play and play

DaScribe

Question

The last time I set this software up, on the router itself to do port forwarding, I had to put the name of the computer in addition to the computer’s ip on the network.  For whatever reason, it doesn't work with just the internal ip on the router.  Is there a way to adjust the plug and play code so that it includes the computer name?

If not, how do you set it up so that it doesn’t try to do the plug and play and just goes manual?

Also, where do you put the ip for the client?

I don't see a config file for the client

3 answers to this question

k looks like the solution for me (using windows 8.1) was to:

type in windows firewall in search

choose firewall allowed apps

change settings button

check the box next to intersect server

hit ok

hope that saves somebody a bit of time. ;P

48 minutes ago, DaScribe said:

The last time I set this software up, on the router itself to do port forwarding, I had to put the name of the computer in addition to the computer’s ip on the network.  For whatever reason, it doesn't work with just the internal ip on the router.  Is there a way to adjust the plug and play code so that it includes the computer name?

If not, how do you set it up so that it doesn’t try to do the plug and play and just goes manual?

Also, where do you put the ip for the client?

I don't see a config file for the client

it tooks automatically your pc ip, the router ip and try port fordwarding but you need upnp active or something i dont rember... i preffer open them manually , just put to your pc a fixed local ip and open the port with your own router configuration guide. i recomend more than nothing. is MUCH better.

Good Luck