CE BattleGround is starting to workl!!!!

jesusbleach

Hello all, i was asking on this post what kind of project do...

you really answer me but before a insidemind battle i decided to do an  Smash Bros Style Combat Game/Engine

why i put the description like this? Because isnt an engine itself. just gonna have parameters to add new chars and stages... but made internal menu locations and buttons diferent gonna be hard. aswell also gonna go far

i was doing a test in MonoGame OpenGL , ported from xna project

This file is a test of scrolling background, png loading and basic gravity and phisics system. There are no animations for the char and obiously this dont gonna be the type of char the game gonna have, so dont worry. Is just a test about what i can do... for now... I have much to learn and much to code. I never did a complete game and im starting with an engine directly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i3x9bzhy4l3c74i/CEBGOpenGl.rar

Im waiting your opinions.

Spoiler

Testing movement with shitty sprite :P

The code itself is fine however for a ssmb style game the movement speed and jump height are way too high, these are normally made up for using moves rather than being from just player speed. Works well though :P 

1 hour ago, PhenomenalChicken said:

The code itself is fine however for a ssmb style game the movement speed and jump height are way too high, these are normally made up for using moves rather than being from just player speed. Works well though :P 

well im too lazy to  create doublejump so i thinked to do bug jump just that

I mean if we were being true to Smash, the longer you hold up the higher you go until you hit the limit for a single jump.

Also screenshots or gifs would be immensely preferable to downloading a RAR file and running whatever I find inside when I just want to see how much progress you have made rather than run it.

1 hour ago, pandacoder said:

Oh, and also upload to our filehost rather than sketchyfire or sketchy.co.nz.

i upload to mediafire because i can get it saved for later pruposes, i have all on folder :P

2 hours ago, pandacoder said:

I mean if we were being true to Smash, the longer you hold up the higher you go until you hit the limit for a single jump.

Also screenshots or gifs would be immensely preferable to downloading a RAR file and running whatever I find inside when I just want to see how much progress you have made rather than run it.

well, for now the progress is just a splash and a press start screen and gravity test. And im trying to do smash bros style i mean you can move into the map with few plataforms but isnt smash bros itself. im not doing a copy. or recreating the pùre smash bros engine. also the chars gonna get lifebar or hitcount , like hearts or something, i dunno but is an idea

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Especially for us mobile users who are unable to access a pc for a while. 

Sorry but is still unapreciable so for now is just a movement test with a shitty sprite. i gonna put a video ;)

edit:there is the video into an spoiler in the main post

1 hour ago, jesusbleach said:

i upload to mediafire because i can get it saved for later pruposes, i have all on folder :P

You can always save the links, it's not like the files are deleted. The AGD filehost also doesn't display a bunch of unnecessary information and the links literally just download the file (tl;dr: a more reputable host).

My comments about Smash were mostly a response to Phen, not you.

30 minutes ago, pandacoder said:

You can always save the links, it's not like the files are deleted. The AGD filehost also doesn't display a bunch of unnecessary information and the links literally just download the file (tl;dr: a more reputable host).

My comments about Smash were mostly a response to Phen, not you.

sorry i made a misstake im not good in english...