How to fix this?

Ragnar Lothbrok

Question

Hello!

I haven't posted in a while.

I've got a strange problem.

fcf28254c98d814169063021b9e80543.png

I've got classes and stuff,but it doesn't let me select any,like it doesn't have.

Help me please

Thanks in advance.

P.S - Don't mind the logo,it was just a test. i will remove it.

Here is the error log

Spoiler

--------------------------Client Log---------------------------------------------------------------

2017-07-21 15:42:15.827 [Trace] Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection is forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-07-21 15:42:15.942 [Trace] Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Bridges_and_Interfaces.SFML.Network.MonoSocket.ReceiveCallback(IAsyncResult result) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\MonoGame\Network\MonoSocket.cs:line 76
2017-07-21 15:42:15.942 [Trace] Time: 21.7.2017 г. 15:42:15

----------------------------Server Log-------------------------------------------------

2017-07-23 14:46:41.506 [Trace] Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection is forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-07-23 14:46:41.507 [Trace] Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Networking.NetSocket.OnReceiveData(IAsyncResult ar) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Networking\NetSocket.cs:line 46
2017-07-23 14:46:41.507 [Trace] Time: 23.7.2017 г. 14:46:41

10 answers to this question

Long shot here since I do not know the code....

-But can you confirm your server is running and has not crashed? Based on the screenshot, it does not look like the case, but due diligence :)

-Do you get the exception when using the Intersect Client (i.e. a pop-up box saying an error has occurred)? Or does it still run, but the exception is only in the log file?

-Are you running the Intersect Server as an administrator?

-Is your client pointing to the server on loopback (127.0.0.1) within the client's Config.xml, or are you using a hostname (machine name, website, etc.)?

Also, your error log information between the server and client appears to be out of sync. The error trace from the Server log is on 7-23, while the error from the client log is 7-21.

In my experience with other web application/services (such as IIS), the forcibly closed by the remote host typically means a user has exited the application from client side by a method that does not allow the connection to close properly.

Maybe someone on the forums with a little more knowledge can step in.

4 minutes ago, ClownPrince said:

I thought it was for Name lock :/

So many dumb mistakes :(

P.S Fixed it.

Thanks to @Kyrise

This option is to hide the classes that you don't want to appearing in class selection, so they can be picked or used ingame through events. For example, if a player reaches a certain level he can switch to a higher class. Then this higher class can not appear in class selection, it can only be accessed by events.

14 minutes ago, Kyrise said:

This option is to hide the classes that you don't want to appearing in class selection, so they can be picked or used ingame through events. For example, if a player reaches a certain level he can switch to a higher class. Then this higher class can not appear in class selection, it can only be accessed by events.

Don't forget to change every thiong related to the class, the change class option will not change the sprite and character picture of the player.