How to configure Projectiles?

Noodles4855

Question

Okay, so I'm building a game within Intersect and I am trying to add a 'pistol' of sorts. Currently, I'm just messing around, but I'm running into issues when making projectiles. In the weapon editor, I have selected the 'bullet' projectile I created, and I have modified the settings of the bullet projectile, but when I equip the weapon and attempt to attack an NPC, nothing happens. I also have no idea how the projectile editor works, so that's probably a contributing factor. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

2 answers to this question

If i'm right you need to set it like on your animation image. So if your projectile point at the top set your projectile at the top.

Dont forget to check the auto rotation checkbox.

Edit: you can use this tutorial. It's old but it doesn't have change.

It looks like you haven't set the projectiles starting point/firing point on the editor.

in the editor where the arrows and the S is, that's where you need to set it up. The S in the editor is where the position of the player is and the editor automatically assumes the player is facing upwards. So what you need to do I see click on the arrow directly above the S and I think that should work. 

It has has been awhile since I've messed with the projectile editor myself but I believe that this should help you at least get a better idea of what to do.