Whitespirits

Graphics
Graphics Style vote

32 posts in this topic

Hey guys which of these do you think is better ? :)

bUsUdd0.png

UfsCeeE.png

Just messing around with the pokemon like styles

I think its obvious thats its number 2. Is that set a pokemon spinoff/free comercially? Since it doesn't look the same as the old ds graphics from memory.

I'm actually going against the flow here, but it's a good ol' 1 for me, especially if it's supposed to look pokemon-ish.

Truth to be told, both looks great and i'd rather use the second myself for a more classic RPG game - and it seem more detailled - but for a pokemon-like game, definitely the first one (more cartoon-ish).

PS : beside, after comparing the two, i can't help but think that the sprite doesn't "belong" to the second one ... it might be just me though ...

Well, I have to go with 1 as well. I personally only choose 1 because it looks more unique. The second one looks way to much like pokemon but if that's what you're aiming for then I guess 2 works. I've always just been more of a fan of unique art, even if it isn't professional quality. Hope that makes sense...

You could make a commercial game with either and people would buy it. Personally I like the pallet of two but the structure of 1.

Personnally i think the second is tge best choice with character like this.

Definitely second. I love the cartoony look but the second one is a lot more precise and prettier.

21 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I don't think that one should even be up for consideration. 

Curious, why not? Its not like he cares about licencing if he's making a fan based game?