Fake Tile Type?

BugSICK

Question

i know this been ask many times but i cant find it in tutorials. just a few question because im been mapping lately this past few days but never use this Fake tile type, my question is what is the use or when should i use this fake tile type thanks. and also the animated should this be in animation? because i.ve been using animation editor to put in the map rather than this animated tile type. any help? thanks

7995fdaa7fde706efaaf7c9264fbc8bf.png

5 answers to this question

Due to limited layers you ofteb have to share layers with other things. E.g. house walls and path are both mask. You want your path to lead into the builsing but it wont look right since the path stops just before the building.

sketch-1498151396183.png

By making the tiles of the building next to the path fake it counts as an autotile of the same type so the pathways are fixed acordingly.

sketch-1498151499282.png

I hope this makes sense sorry for the shit images on mobile.

Kibz

Guest SherwiN

From my experience when using Fake Tile type on Autotiles on VB6 this is how it works: (I don't know if it works similar on this engine)

Let's just say, for example, this is the autotile walls you made (Just like your previous question on how to remove the second border corner of the walls

LilRCyk6SvSUq1V2D1CwEw.png

You apply Fake Tile Type using the center part which is the blue color

SO0Y19dzT_KOZqWhr74S6Q.png

, then apply that on the corner which are this part

Ge2nnNosSlycVnsHqr894Q.png

and the result will be

z90VQTJASvWG4Rk3ybW7yA.png

That's how i think it should work.. I don't know if it does the same..

When i was using Autotiles, This help to avoid filling the whole map with autotiles as each tile of autotiles render 4 tiles that is possible to lower fps.. so instead of filling the whole map with autotiles just to remove the extra corner.. fake tile type help

Well if it doesn't work that way then.. this explanation is nothing..

Watch as you place an autotile path.. the different tiles will "connect" to each other.  A "fake" autotile let's you place a normal tile but other autotiles around it will "connect" to it as if it's part of the path.

A "fake" autotile just pretends to be part of the autotiles around it. I do not have a good example or real-world use of the fake autotile.

2 hours ago, SherwiN said:

From my experience when using Fake Tile type on Autotiles on VB6 this is how it works: (I don't know if it works similar on this engine)

Autotiles are based off rpgmaker so yes :)

Also, added pics to my description.