PvP System

alextoti99

Question

19 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Miharukun said:

PvP count? like how many PvP you did and how many wins and losses and such? xD

If he want that it will be able to a part of a system like that in the event editor when intersect beta 4 will be releash. But it will tell how many time the player die by a npc and player. So that's not what you need.

Well except if they they choose to include it in the beta 5 or after you will need to wait for the source.

Pvp count like pokemon or final fantasy ? If yes, you will need the source. Which will be releash after ~5 update or more.

With the old update progression I think it will releash in 1-2 years or maybe more or less. After all panda didn't worked on intersect before.

@Gibier I really hope you're wrong. But who knows? Even 8 months is hell of a time for anyone taking it serious, but it is after all hobby-made engine :D

Also, you should probably avoid making any game that is based much around features that are missing because in the end you'll need to either back down (from your ideas) or have inferior product until source

5 minutes ago, alextoti99 said:

i mean how many times a char has killed other chars no monsters

when will the source be out?

I'd say 5-10 months? beta 4 is NOT COMMING OUT this month, but possibily next? And beta5 is basicly clean up so shouldn't take incredibiely long. Just guessing tho

10 minutes ago, alextoti99 said:

1 last question, is it possible ot help with the main development?

Donations mostly. We're still far-away from the graphic packs. If you mean CODE-WISE, I don't think so. They're doing well by themselves and you'd need to be REALLY GOOD to bring something to the table, but who knows? You can always show off your skills and they may take you up for it :P

53 minutes ago, alextoti99 said:

1 last question, is it possible ot help with the main development?

This would suprise me. Think they don't want too much person to  have the source code to be sure the engine have not 150 way of coding in their source code. They don't wana add someone in the project from the start to the beta 2 or 3. Pretty sure they won't accept other person into the project.

1 hour ago, antarcticPuppy said:

Donations mostly. We're still far-away from the graphic packs. If you mean CODE-WISE, I don't think so. They're doing well by themselves and you'd need to be REALLY GOOD to bring something to the table, but who knows? You can always show off your skills and they may take you up for it :P

im already developing a 3d mmorpg :P

18 minutes ago, alextoti99 said:

im already developing a 3d mmorpg :P

From 0? Or somekind of engine? Because, truth to be told even i can make a MMO in Unity. it'll be not efficient and it'll be shitty but I can. No offense, just want to prove that just because you do, doesn't mean you'll succeed :D

But it doesn't mean you'll fail. Even if you push up to '3d mmorpg' xD

Just now, antarcticPuppy said:

From 0? Or somekind of engine? Because, truth to be told even i can make a MMO in Unity. it'll be not efficient and it'll be shitty but I can. No offense, just want to prove that just because you do, doesn't mean you'll succeed :D

But it doesn't mean you'll fail. Even if you push up to '3d mmorpg' xD

the graphics and such are from ue4 but the server is from scratch (all the game, how everything works and such)

Just now, alextoti99 said:

the graphics and such are from ue4 but the server is from scratch (all the game, how everything works and such)

Well I wish you the best of luck, because I used to work on MMO as part of my job, and it used to be cancer but small game can work : D

Also remember if you use anything from Eu4 you'll have to give them credit and royalities ;P

Just now, PhenomenalDitto said:

@antarcticPuppy EU4 is free to use without credit just need to pay a cut of the profits or a flat fee I believe.

It's open use, but he's using PART (models)_ of their Eidotr and assets that are under it's license. And their editor is also open-source so you could pick out parts of it, but then your product applies to their rules which means you have to pay one time fee (which is giant) or need to pay % cut from INCOME (not profits however, that might be old info as I never got into UE4. Ye, but I kinda ment you cannot say "it's 100% selfmade engine" because if you use their part then it's not. That's kinda what I ment. Also I wonder if you make your own 'editor' and let others earn on it somehow do they also have to pay? XD Just rambling...

But ye :3