Looking for an npc guide

Jarick

I know I am not really supposed to post on the fourms asking questions

but I can get a sign working when I click the action button just fine

but I make an npc put it down drop an event on top of her

she does not talk please help me understand what I am doing wrong

8 hours ago, Jarick said:

I know I am not really supposed to post on the fourms asking questions

You're allowed to post questions :) No one minds helping a fellow developer, just don't be "that guy" asking people to build their game for them and you're good to go :)). 

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue as Jarick, how to make npc stay in one spot, I set spawn location to be declared but it sets itself back to random and the sheep are moving all over the place and not staying in their pen i made for them.

Depends if you want an npc or an event. If its an npc surround it by npc avoids (tile attribute npcs count as blocks). If we're talking events assign movement to be none which is default.

I tried it all, I made some sheep and a sheep pen, I want the sheep to spawn in the pen and stay in the pen but they are spawning everywhere but the pen and moving all over despit me eve making an even for no movement but ofcourse since i am new to intersect, the event really wasn't saying what the non movement is being assigned to since I didn't see that option. and for the spawn location i set it to declared but it automatically keeps switching to random.

6 hours ago, PinkAngel said:

I tried it all, I made some sheep and a sheep pen, I want the sheep to spawn in the pen and stay in the pen but they are spawning everywhere but the pen and moving all over despit me eve making an even for no movement but ofcourse since i am new to intersect, the event really wasn't saying what the non movement is being assigned to since I didn't see that option. and for the spawn location i set it to declared but it automatically keeps switching to random.

It can be confusing at first hun, I'm write a guide up for you guys in the next couple hours and link you to it  

Just now, PinkAngel said:

thanks that would be really great for all of us new people and very nice of you. there definitely needs to be more guides for this because it really is an awesome game engine

No problem! Dont hesitate to ask for help, this is a community meant to further indie game developers. 

Just for anyone who want to make NPC like he's sheep that doesn't walk away

1. Pick your created NPC and add it to map's NPC spawn list
  2. Set spawn to DECLARED
  3. Pick up your sheep, also should do it pre-step 2, but I think you can manage :D
  4. Place it on the map like event or tile you can remove it sam way (Left click to place, right to destroy)
  5. Move to ATTRIBUTES and pick NPC AVOID, and close out the building,fence whatever you'll use so the NPC doesn't wonder off.

If you want to make an EVENT immovable and you want to make it look like standing NPC, just pick preview into sprite you want (click on the grey square to open up sprit/tile menu ((Under Preview))((Not the Animation just grey square))). If you want to make EVENT that moves, (screen numbah 3) but you don't want him wonder off, you'll need to set up ROUTE, you can also add RANDOM MOVEMENT but that may cause him to leave the position you want him to be (in open for example). Adding route is easy, just click type: NONE and instead of none pick : MOVE ROUTE and create long chains of moves to make impression that he's moving on random or non-picked route. Also remember to mark REPEAT LOOP otherwise after doing it once Event will stop.

Humm, @Jarick @PinkAngel  Here's tutorial, quick one but should do the job if you'll need more just write.
Also @NotAzizele stop being lazy :<

At @NotAzizele it was a joke :P

9 hours ago, antarcticPuppy said:

Just for anyone who want to make NPC like he's sheep that doesn't walk away

1. Pick your created NPC and add it to map's NPC spawn list
  2. Set spawn to DECLARED
  3. Pick up your sheep, also should do it pre-step 2, but I think you can manage :D
  4. Place it on the map like event or tile you can remove it sam way (Left click to place, right to destroy)
  5. Move to ATTRIBUTES and pick NPC AVOID, and close out the building,fence whatever you'll use so the NPC doesn't wonder off.

If you want to make an EVENT immovable and you want to make it look like standing NPC, just pick preview into sprite you want (click on the grey square to open up sprit/tile menu ((Under Preview))((Not the Animation just grey square))). If you want to make EVENT that moves, (screen numbah 3) but you don't want him wonder off, you'll need to set up ROUTE, you can also add RANDOM MOVEMENT but that may cause him to leave the position you want him to be (in open for example). Adding route is easy, just click type: NONE and instead of none pick : MOVE ROUTE and create long chains of moves to make impression that he's moving on random or non-picked route. Also remember to mark REPEAT LOOP otherwise after doing it once Event will stop.

Humm, @Jarick @PinkAngel  Here's tutorial, quick one but should do the job if you'll need more just write.
Also @NotAzizele stop being lazy :<

Lol im not being lazy im writing an entire in depth Intersect guide 

this is very awesome, I will try it like this soon, once i get done setting up my cooking stove to cook all these fish i just caught :) and I am looking forward to the full intersect guide, I am reading them all and studying all of this so I will be able to make my game awesome. thanks for all you all are doing and for all the help you give everyone, you all are amazing.