WIP City Of The Brain Eatters

Draken

Well It's about time to start this topic.

City Of The Brain Eatters is a modern zombie survival game created in the intersect engine. Players will be able to enter different buildings scavenge for loot and with the loot they will be able to create weapons and armor. There will only be 1 "safe area" in the world which will be the old police station. This area is now controlled by ex-police and what few survivors made it to this area. Even this area is not truly safe, Zombies can still enter the city if they happen to kill the guards off.

The game will have a random ish world spawn(I will set up about 100 different spawn spots and you will randomly warp to one of these on spawn) I might also add a spawn at Police station button after you do a certain quest. Also debating about adding another controlled area at the hospital.

I will be adding 2 main Drug dealers in the world which will have random prices on drugs, you will not be able to sell to them you must find a drug user to sell the drugs to. There are only 6 users in the world(might drop to less). You can not talk to the same drug dealer twice in a roll and you can not talk to the same drug user twice. (Meaning you must buy drugs from dealer A the sell to User A then you must buy from dealer B next, Dealer A will not sell to you, and You must sell to User .

There will be 3 different craft houses you can used these are not located in any police camps and you will need to either clear them out yourself or get help to clear these out.

I plan on also making a full sewer system under the city.

Graphic Update screen shot

Spoiler

123.png

Basic Map Idea

Spoiler

City_1_Map_Plan.png

World_Map.png

Resources and general idea how to harvest what they will give.

Spoiler

Wood doors - can be broke with axe to give access to rooms. The doors will also give you wood and a chance of screws.

Metal doors - These must be opened(broke) with a lock pick tool. The door will not give you anything.

Cars - You need a Slim Jim to break into these. They have all type of random loot.

Boxes - 2 diffrent types of boxes in the world both can be broke with hand to get random loot.

soda machines - Break with hand to get random soda / cash from the machines

Trash can- break with hand to get random loot.

Bookshelf - Break with hand for random loot.

5 Trees/plants - Break for wood with axe.

2 safe - Open with lock pick

Paper Pile - Use hand for random loot

3 clothing racks - use hand get cloth / random clothing

2 dumpsters - use hand get random loot

Crafting basic idea still need to add number of objects to it

Spoiler

=======Melee Weapons=====

Brass Knuckles – craft with iron

Broken Bottle – craft with glass

Clawed Hammer – craft with wood and iron screw

Board – Wood

Metal Pipe - Iron

Shovel – Wood Iron screw

Bat - wood

Sledge Hammer – wood iron screw

Combat Knife- wood iron screw cloth

Hatchet- wood iron screw cloth

Machete- iron screw cloth plastic

Dagger- wood iron screw cloth plastic

Katana- wood iron screw cloth plastic

Hand Claws- wood iron screw cloth plastic

Chainsaw-iron plastic, engine, gas, chain, gears

===MISC ITEMS YOU CAN CRAFT===

Engine- iron gears gas plastic

Chain- iron

Gears- iron

====Ranged Weapons====

Pistol – metal pip iron gears Pistol firepin spring screw

Shotgun– metal pip iron gears Shotgun firepin spring wood screw

SMG– metal pip iron gears SMG firepin spring screw

Assault Rifle– metal pip iron gears Assult firepin spring screw

Minigun– metal pip iron gears Minigun firepin spring engine screw

Flamethrower? – metal pip iron Flamethrower firepin spring Gas screw

RPG? – metal pip iron gears RPG firepin spring screw

Drugs

Spoiler

List of drugs to buy/sell. I might later make them usable but for now they are for dealing reasons only.

Weed

Heroin

Cocaine

DMT

Beer

Shroom

Hash

Pain Killer

Acid

Meth

14 hours ago, Refur said:

The new graphics looks better than older, more congruent with the game concept.
Good luck with your project :)

all i'm doing is adding a canvas effect to my graphics and changing the hue and lightness to them. Seems to be working a lot better than I would have expected XD.

Added Resource List to first post. about to finish graphic updates and then get back to mapping.

Found a name that isnt used for some other zombie game / book / movie therefor I nabbed it for now.

Zombie sprites / player sprite / water tiles graphic update preview And yes I have no pants on still only a leather vest

Spoiler

meh.png

Sewers Example

Spoiler

sewer_example.png

Mapping has started Will be adding in car resources once I finsh all the items for loot so i can copy paste the and then just change the image it uses. Also things like dumpsters, trash cans, boxes graphics are done just not a resource yet.

Spoiler

forgot to make the police station sign thats why there are white squres there

009.png

All streets are laid out now for the first city.

Spoiler

World.png

finished the city map. Next is to do all the buildings maps.

Spoiler

UPDATE.png

I'm thinking about keeping max level around 30, in order to keep groups of pvp players from taking control of the server due to the size. Will also make it so multiple groups will need to go into areas to clear them out. So game play will be more based around doing small quest and hunting for parts to craft weapons or dealing drugs for cash.(hopefully dealing system doesnt break game economy too much)

Keep in mind I'm mostly building this for me to have fun on. Build a small community around and maybe get a small team together for some of my other projects. I might add more cities to this game also later. Depends on if game gets popular and streets get over populated.