Need Help Orake needs a hacker (paid)

OraketheGM

Hello guys, Orake needs some help!

We are looking for someone that can find dups, cheats, or error the server. If anyone is interested in this position please contact me. :)ย it is a paid position, We will talk about the pay privately.

I'm using a vb6 engine with a resbak base.

ย 

Ist Orake in vb6 gemacht. Ich werde nicht gerne Hilfe mit dem sehen, wie vb6 ist datiert und ist mรถglich schlecht auf der obersten Ebene. Andere Version ja. Anfรคlliger mit C ++ - Sprache.

ย 

Isย Orake made in vb6. I wont like help with that seeing as vb6 is dated and is possible bad at top level. Other version yes. More prone with C++ language.

15 hours ago, SonicMicro234 said:

ย 

Ist Orake in vb6 gemacht. Ich werde nicht gerne Hilfe mit dem sehen, wie vb6 ist datiert und ist mรถglich schlecht auf der obersten Ebene. Andere Version ja. Anfรคlliger mit C ++ - Sprache.

ย 

Isย Orake made in vb6. I wont like help with that seeing as vb6 is dated and is possible bad at top level. Other version yes. More prone with C++ language.

ย 

1. Yes, he wrote that it isย written in vb6 in his first post.

2. Why did you try to answer in german? Your german sentences just sound like your english ones after a real bad google translate.

3. Also why does it matter what language the programm was written in? This is a paid job to find cheats/hacks, like a penetration test if i understand him right. The programming language doesn't really matter as much here, its much more about how well (and secure)ย the code was written.

ย 

Edit:

I just checked, and its 100% google translate english to german. Thats kind of stupid...

yeah, the guy claims to be packet modding. something someone said confirmed it. I've tried every obvious packet modification and can't think of any other packet he could be using.

13 hours ago, JimmyJumpdrive said:

yeah, the guy claims to be packet modding. something someone said confirmed it. I've tried every obvious packet modification and can't think of any other packet he could be using.

ย 

What exactly is the problem?ย 

20 minutes ago, Marsh said:

ย 

What exactly is the problem?ย 

Some little asshole is duping items in theirย game, there are rumors he's modding packets to do so, but i spent 9 hours modding packets and couldn't duplicate an item. I tried everything you'd think of off the top of your head.

Edit: It's also not much help that they keep little to no logs of any in game events, so finding anything is more like a guessing game than anything.

Well the first thing is to isolate what packet he is abusing. Is it the item drop? Bank withdrawing? The admin spawn item command? There are quite a few. There must be some bad logic somewhere server sided i.e. allowing an item to be taken from the bank without removing the item from the bank array. Another alternative is the server not checking for admin status if its an admin spawn command. Doesn't matter if he is able to send the right packet, if he doesn't have access server side he wont get any items.

ย 

If you know the player name, you could even just add a small if statement around each possibility of where the breach could be and just simply log what section is being called. I assume he spams the breach a lot so it will be quite easy to find where it is if you haven't already.

ย 

I seriously doubt he is modding packets, just calling a bad one and exploiting it. If he is able to manipulate a packet in a way to get a different outcome i.e. spawn an item thats just a bad way of handling packets.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Well the first thing is to isolate what packet he is abusing. Is it the item drop? Bank withdrawing? The admin spawn item command? There are quite a few. There must be some bad logic somewhere server sided i.e. allowing an item to be taken from the bank without removing the item from the bank array. Another alternative is the server not checking for admin status if its an admin spawn command. Doesn't matter if he is able to send the right packet, if he doesn't have access server side he wont get any items.

Trust me, i've asked around, no one knows what packet he's sending. I took up a job with the owner to implement a logging system to help him track what the hackers doing. The owner messaged me about 6 different conversations and everyone kinda has their own story to what he's doing, so those conversations are no help. I test the packets of: Dropping items, picking up items, deposit bank item, withdraw bank item, a few trade packets, some shop packets. I was kinda feeling around in the dark because no one knows the process of what this guy's doing. Some rumors state he's packet modding, but after trying out all the obvious packets, i'm wondering if he really is. The hacker send a few screenshots to benjo and i didn't see any packet modding software down in his taskbar. (though that's not to say he just didn't have it open)

I have a C# application i wrote that has a bunch of different packet types and generates packets from console commands and sends them. I can fake a user login, bank items, drop items, etc. with it. We even tested his alching spell. The packet for that only sent a spell slot and an item slot. So no cigar there.

ย 

According to benjo, the attacker claims it takes days to dupe items, according to other rumors, it's instantaneous. Like I said, without logs, there's really no way of telling how he's doing it

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Okay, this may not be useful, but perhaps:

Did you check if your quests or monsters aren't bugged - and hear me up on this - it sounds crazy but sometimes during developement you leave some quest up, or some monster or somekind of tile that can give somekind of adventage. It's first thing you check -- make sure that no one abuses your mistakes I feel like this is something that needs good QA which may just not be avaible to you. I used to be administrator in few online games, and while many people claimed dupping, creating items or making some hax000rz 99.9% it was mistake on developer part, and that 0.01% were people who actually DID hakz0rs.

ย 

Also, As friends say before logging system is M U S T in everysingle MMO game, example? Tibia. If you ever had their files (illegal as fuck, but hey you gotta learn somewhere...) they basicly logged everything, when the server was stolen and guy was able to add his own NPC to the system, they found out logs and items connected to this NPC within 3 days.

ย 

Anyway, as I suggested and started rambling...Additionaly -- did you just try, you know, stalking him? Just make yourself invisible - and follow that guy around. YOU KNOW SUCH IS LIFE OF GAME DEVELOPER IF YOU CANNOT KILL THEM STEALTH AT THEM AND BAN THEM RIGHT AT THEIR CORE -- GAMEEE FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAH -- If you have too many players to track, then fuck xD

Perhaps 'reverse engineering' sadly I do not work on Orake, but could you just add your own files and try to make it work somehow? Could you somehow copy your character? Could you somehow add editor or any other creation tool into client to fool the server into thinking you have more power than you do? Are there commands to create items(for admins/mods)? I'll just shoot anything I have because you never know without log system and if the duping is true each day of waiting is worse for the guy and the economy and restarting server or economy is worst thing for the players to handle. Hmm, Could he perhaps DDOS the server and move items around to make server think it has the same items in both slots? Do he uses unique-ID on items? I know it used to work in WoW and many other servers. He might be clonning backpack or something, but I feel like it's kinda harder to ddos your own server to check it. Also you guys are checking on global or the local? I think the PoE had that problem where they tested something on local and it didn't appear because the lag in the live made it possible to use the delay to clone some specific buffs.

11 minutes ago, PhenomenalDab said:

@antarcticPuppyย This is about duping any item not just one so it's not a quest reward and yeah there's a huge playerbase I think.

na playerbase is not to big ATM, we are holding of on the ads right now, before we grow the playerbase we need this fixed up.

Yea we need logs asap, I have been told from my X coder that he was droping a item over and over again, Like he droped it but it didn't leave his invo... idk I try to stay on as much as possible and check peoples banks but this guy just randomly shows up with mills.

Logs will forsure help A LOT.

Let's then think -- Dropping item over and over seems like lag dependant thing. Or perhaps, he's sending a pocket to the server that he's dropping an item (server sees he has the item) he might move this item or not have in current slot and somehow server then drops it on ground and doesn't take it away? Do you have IP database to try to connect him to some high-level? Also does he have tons of money? Because if so, maybe he just diplicates the items and make a money on them. Perpahs somekind of selling limit like 20 of each item per 24hours, because normal players won't be hunting the same stuff over and over and selling it to the NPC. Also, if he has money it has to come from somewhere, is money droppable? Or it's just number that you can trade/add/use?

ย 

Also very important thing is : if someone moves high amount of money or has high amount of money make somekind of alert system. If trade has tons of money give it somekind of warning. If someone have milions of gold on low level, warnings. Stuff like this does wonders.