Making a projectile spell shoot the way the player is facing

froggy

Question

I can't seem to get this to work. I am trying to create a close range spell(1 range), and since i want this to be "fired" to where the player is facing, i have to make the spell into a projectile, right?

But the animation that's played is always facing upwards (like the image below)

Here's the animation graphics i wanted to use: 

And here's what my projectile editor looks like: 

What do i need to do?

Also worth noting i tried stuff like only 1 green arrow on the projectile spawns and other combinations etc.

5 answers to this question

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but i fixed this (thanks to HRA) by inversing my animation gfx, so that they're facing downwards, while having the arrow above the (S) in Projectile Spawns enabled, with auto-rotate enabled.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

the default direction is assumed up, so up is shooting infront of the player.

Then how do i get the animation to follow the direction that the player is facing? I don't understand your answer. I've tried having only the up arrow enabled in the projectile spawns area, both with auto-rotate on and off, it did not work.

Look at the picture in the first post, there are two images, the animation is facing up. It simply does not adjust to the direction, thats why i included both the animation and the editor in screenshots, so that someone might be able to tell what i am doing wrong. And yes i did try having only the direction above the S greenmarked.