25 posts in this topic

L_sombra.png.47a806e0c48c549aa85344e5268f6d79.png

18bdf20e498d2d6e2675d703b4aba29e.png

Engine:

• Intersect

Staff:

• @Refur (history, developer, composer).
  • @Lorilina (graphic design, pixel art).

cdb69c4c4944eb1fa22b0fa3cad630fa.png

Nimue is MMORPG inspired by Harry Potter's  saga.

In the beginning this project starts as a faithful reflection of the books, but after a long argue about the copyrights, we decided to create a new original concept; this is how Nimue's leyend is born.

The game dates back to Brocelandia's forest, place where the 'three magicians battle' happened a thousand years ago. Cedric Adair, Eda Rowle y Addy Ginohi fought against Nimue, and that's how they got the Air Castle, a place created by Merlin magician that worked as the house of Nimue.

After the battle, the three magicians founded a magic school in the Air castle. From which has born three faculties, in honor of the victorious: Adair's Faculty, Ginohi's Faculty and Rowlereft's Faculty.

Your mission is begin as a magic student and got enter in one of those three faculties to complete your studies in Air Castle. It's rumored that dark things has been appearing in the magic community. Are we closer to a new magic battle?

6ddb0467c86daa57528dba7a60c5c688.png

As this game is about a magic school in the beginning you will have only one playable class; Magician, but at lvl 15 you will be able to choose a specialization class.

First Class:

• Magician: Magicians are humans that can handle spells and charms. As a primay student of magic you will be able to learn all kind of basic spells (like fire ball, basic heal, ice magic, etc.).

Sub-class (specialization): 

• Adair's Faculty: The students of this faculty are trained in the art of protection and strength. 

• Ginohi's Faculty: The students of this faculty are formed in the art of healing and magical control.

• Rowlereft's Faculty: The students of this faculty are trained in the art of combat. They learn spells of great damage that allow to cover wide areas.

8a8f620d8e20dbb03fc1666b45e214eb.png

• Quests: Main Story and secundary quests.
  • Magic Cards Collection: There will be lots of magic cards hidden around the world. This objects will let you unblock  a lot of special places and objects.
  • Dungeons: Prepare your best team to face the difficulties of dungeons. Sometimes you will have to solve puzzles to move forward.
  • Big Monsters.
  • Objects Improvement: Make your weapons and clothes more powerful.
  • Secrets Places: There will be a lots of secrets places with a chest inside them.
  • Magic Duel Club: Are you good at PVP?, there will be a special place with tournaments and challenges for all magicians.
  • Potion's System: Collect materials and make special potions!

• Emoticon system!

6cdfec69078d346da7eb87c49e99f888.png

Title Screen

51eed082062607eff1f33259a4a9a6de.png

Characters:

76772c4dc39b08a64dccc0beed8932da.gif      7fb51cd72145936ec6d3eab002921a1d.gif  

NPC's:

677e9c41e01ae05c7262557310328cf7.gif

Mildred Rossell

Brocelandia's Forest and GUI Interface (subject to change):

2e394765770a3c1dbee85b94f24deba7.png

a2310434936fb13240a53827f35ad5d2.png

- Citizen NPC's -

11eb6efd6a7a31a00455d56b524eeb98.png48f8e1d1fad7302f1a26e51f10a0b2a3.png15b2b99fedc14a94baf5d2df6ca3cb4f.pngc207cbcc3aa9fa597c4e8e3d276fd368.png

The game has not date release yet.

Regards

Lorilina likes this

Me encanta extremadamente el diseño! :D estoy ansioso por jugarlo! :D 

I love the design! I am anxious to play! :D 

Refur likes this

Looks good to me however I don't think those sprites fit those tiles. Find it funny that the doors are giant to compensate for their height :D 

Good luck with your project @Refur, I hope you stick to it :)

Refur likes this

That depends man. If you keep the sprites id suggest making the Tileset's bigger. If you resize the actual sprites id say keep them. They look good. Just make sure your tileset' are "Free to use commercially outside of RPG Maker" I recognize a few graphics that might be illegal if you use them commercially just because they are in the actuall RTP from Enterbrain.

@Daxterxx Actually I like the sizes of sprites, maybe we could resize a little the tiles to make them looks more congruent with characters.

And you are right, there are a few things that are from the Intersect resources that we must change (like the darker plants beside the river), but all the others are original or re-designed :rolleyes:

@Daxterxx right, but like I said, there we have original tiles too and we are going to redesign clearly the ones that could have copyright, thanks for the advice :)

12 hours ago, Refur said:

@Daxterxx haha, I really like large sprites :rolleyes:

@Kibbelz Do you think that trees and houses should be bigger?

It would be much easier to shorten the sprites relative to lengthening all the objects in the tileset. I also think the style of the characters doesn't fit with the tiles. As @Daxterxx says, make sure you're 100% safe from copyright claims :), would hate to see anyone go down after ages of work! Thats why Intersect is getting free tiles and characters royalty free.

Wow, this looks really nice. Good luck with the project! 
If only it wasnt all in spanish... :D

Refur likes this

This is not a Life Forge thread. Use common sense and be careful about using copyrighted graphics in your games, especially if you ever try to get a big audience such as publishing your games on greenlight. 

Stay on topic. @Daxterxx if Life Forge is using any strictly copyrighted assets I'm sure Sky will want to know about it. Please shoot him a pm or provide any concrete examples in the Life Forge thread. Thanks. 

Refur likes this

The trees look much better now! Looks great man I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Refur likes this

º UPDATE º

- Basic Wizard student clothes -

- Town: New design and resized -

- New Emoticon System (: (sprite credits @QuoteFox)

a2310434936fb13240a53827f35ad5d2.png

Marsh likes this

Thanks @Sethis! :), we really want to release an alpha test soon, in both languages (english and spanish), so stay tuned ! 

º UPDATE º

- Citizen NPC's -

c207cbcc3aa9fa597c4e8e3d276fd368.png15b2b99fedc14a94baf5d2df6ca3cb4f.png48f8e1d1fad7302f1a26e51f10a0b2a3.png11eb6efd6a7a31a00455d56b524eeb98.png

These characters hasn't any specific function yet, but they will move and give you quests around the town

HRA and Refur like this