Intersect Map Questions!

Sykonetic

Question

Few questions hopefully I can get an answer to!

I noticed when I went under the "sound tab" in the properties, none of them were there even though the folder had some...bug?

I unlinked a map and I can't find a way to link them back together. Is this possible?

How does the day/night thing work. Also I couldn't find weather stuff..is that possible?

Thank you for your time. 

2 answers to this question

I noticed when I went under the "sound tab" in the properties, none of them were there even though the folder had some...bug?

I'm not sure what format sounds have to be, but I think it's either *.wav or *.ogg. Anything else will not be recognized.

I unlinked a map and I can't find a way to link them back together. Is this possible?

I was tempted to say yes, but looking up the exact option I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was never there, would be a good feature request if that's the case! (@jcsnider, confirmation?)

How does the day/night thing work. Also I couldn't find weather stuff..is that possible?

Day/Night basically goes through a cycle at the time rate (based on real time) you set. By default it doesn't really do much of anything, but in the Editor you can choose Content Editors and then the Time Editor to choose what time of day does what in terms of darkness.

As for weather, it'd be great if we could set certain regions to allow for certain types of weather. But as of now this is not possible.

Adding onto Chronos's response.

Sounds must in .wav format and music must be .ogg. This is a MonoGame restriction. If you have .wav files they should show up in the sounds dropdown.

Map linking is entirely possible. This is accomplished by opening the map grid tab and right clicking on a blank space adjacent to an existing map. Video below:

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/034a041ea01bd972b91dd7c30e85eb71.mp4