jcsnider

Disabled My PMs

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give the community a quick heads up. I've disabled my PM system due to a large influx of messages requesting/expecting personalized 1 on 1 Intersect support. I'm mad at myself for entertaining most of these PMs instead of directing members to the forums where these questions could publicly exist and help others in the future.

This whole entire community exists for the purpose of giving people support with Intersect, Orion, other game engines, and game development related endeavors. This move will allow me to spend more time active in the forums and I hope it will encourage you all to do the same.

If you ever need to chat you can often find me in the on-site chatbox. Many of my close friends have access to me via Skype, Discord, and the like. If there is ever a reason you need to get in touch over a moderation issue feel free to use the "report" button on posts or topics or the contact us page on the bottom of the site.

All the best,

JC

Agoraphobic likes this

Its worth stating I currently have my inbox still open. I also have received an influx of PM's in a similar matter of users trying to get 1 and 1 support to fix their issues. I would like to encourage users to keep posting on the forums and make all knowledge helpful for everyone else. Also its worth stating most users on the forums can answer your questions too, it doesn't have to come directly from the dev ;). Got a cool feature you want added to intersect? Great! Post it on the forums so everyone can discuss said feature.

"But kibz, how do I know you've seen my cool idea since you didn't respond?"

Sadly I can't respond to every forum post but its worth noting I view the site during the day frequently enough that I see every post, at least while we're still this small. (Hello greenlight). 

Anyways, the reason I'm keeping mine open is simply for moderation reasons so you guys can shoot me with direct support and concerns. I will be closing my inbox similar to JC if my inbox remains spammed full of intersect suggestions and help requests :(

Sorry if there is any drama, this is no way targeted at anyone :)

-Kibz

Agoraphobic likes this

People don't worry. My mailbox is open and ready for your mail. 

Not saying I can help you with your programming questions though, but I do suck (at programming)

Agoraphobic likes this

On 3/13/2017 at 9:29 PM, Kasplant said:

People don't worry. My mailbox is open and ready for your mail. 

Not saying I can help you with your programming questions though, but I do suck (at programming)

Mine is also open for random trash.

Seriously though, JC, it's more then your mailbox, you should enforce the idea of no asking for random help through pm's. I get people asking me stuff randomly all the time and I don't even use the engine (or the forums). People will make posts, then watch the shoutbox for people to talk, then inbox people asking for support. This has happened to me many times already

1 hour ago, JimmyJumpdrive said:

Mine is also open for random trash.

Seriously though, JC, it's more then your mailbox, you should enforce the idea of no asking for random help through pm's. I get people asking me stuff randomly all the time and I don't even use the engine (or the forums). People will make posts, then watch the shoutbox for people to talk, then inbox people asking for support. This has happened to me many times already

than*

Kasplant and JimmyJumpdrive like this

5 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Well now that @SPQR Panda have joined the project we'll have a new mailbox to spam :P

Yeah good luck with that.

If it's about Intersect or Orion I will reply with a link to the appropriate section for you to make a post, if it's about other things I may or may not reply with a link to a forum (or LMGTFY), if it's about getting my help with anything VB (unless you are Damian) I will reply with C# snark and if you solicit money from me via PM for any reason I will ignore you.

Just now, PhenomenalDev said:

Can I suggest you guys maybe set up an automatic bot which tells people what to do?

Would prefer you program that bot for me :P 

@jcsnider Well first of all I need to have the database... because erm security... also get panda to do it :P I can't code for shit, best I've ever done is a twitch bot.