Housing/factions

xten123

Question

18 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, antarcticPuppy said:

Hmm, let's think, you'd need to assign door to someone AKA only someone with specific ID could open the door, the items inside of house would have to not disappear, umm somekind of billing system. I mean, doing it "poorly" (I only do things poorly and around the way xD) that could be doable. Wouldn't it be even douable now? Have a quest that can fire-off only once per server (somehow?) for the house, assign opening doors to the person that did the quest, make items inside save...Poorly, but workingly....

You can make a shop that sells keys that opens specific doors. And this store only sells 1 key per house. And inside the house, you can have the bank feature, so the player could store your items in the house, just could not leave it on the floor as it would disappear.

Hmm, let's think, you'd need to assign door to someone AKA only someone with specific ID could open the door, the items inside of house would have to not disappear, umm somekind of billing system. I mean, doing it "poorly" (I only do things poorly and around the way xD) that could be doable. Wouldn't it be even douable now? Have a quest that can fire-off only once per server (somehow?) for the house, assign opening doors to the person that did the quest, make items inside save...Poorly, but workingly....

Ah, seems reasonable, you know -- that's better than nothing I guess. Until we get source code, and even then it's still good system for RPG in my opinion. However, considering this adding an handle to check for items in house and keep them in array seems like something not even worth paying for. So that's still very good IMO.

Edit//

Actually, this is pretty good, considring you could have multi-roomed house with few keys, and giving 'acess' to people to their own rooms without much hassle in code and without too much of a problem. Seems like amazing idea for guild-houses and stuff like that! Why make things better if we can just use what we have and make it all about RPG! Yaay for lack of progress!

Edited by antarcticPuppy
Second thought.

8 hours ago, Teppy said:

My game actually has a real estate system in place, so I can confirm that yes, you can build a sort of housing system. It's not the ideal way, but it's a way that works.

But, can it save items on ground? Because I always felt that if someone has house, let them decorate it =D 

I am guessing not, but could you still give some insight for others? All after all were here to help each other and we know its possible. However many people come here green as lettuce, haha.

@Teppy Sharing your method would be nice, I assume it has to do with player based variables, only question is do you make all the houses and then just use an event to lock out other people or am I missing the point? 

3 minutes ago, PhenomenalDab said:

@Teppy Sharing your method would be nice, I assume it has to do with player based variables, only question is do you make all the houses and then just use an event to lock out other people or am I missing the point? 

Don't forget you will need some global variable to be sure that only one person can buy a house.

I also thought about it a little, and even tought up a little system.

So for example you could -by hand, sadly(?)- set somekind of code-phrase on the house, and make website with auctions and once auction ends it send the massage to the person that won it with the code. It's kinda, basic, but always something.

Also for the house, I'd wonder if it would make sense to actually let ANYONE with the key enter so that person can 'duplicate' the keys for his friends. And well, if you leave open doors others can come in. If it's RPG make it hardcore.

or just event if you have key it let's you pass but that's casual.

Quick Edit -- wouldn't you also need NO-PVP zone in the house? If you want open-world like many 2d games have then you'd want somekind of protection zone in it.

2 minutes ago, antarcticPuppy said:

I also thought about it a little, and even tought up a little system.

So for example you could -by hand, sadly(?)- set somekind of code-phrase on the house, and make website with auctions and once auction ends it send the massage to the person that won it with the code. It's kinda, basic, but always something.

Also for the house, I'd wonder if it would make sense to actually let ANYONE with the key enter so that person can 'duplicate' the keys for his friends. And well, if you leave open doors others can come in. If it's RPG make it hardcore.

or just event if you have key it let's you pass but that's casual.

Set a variable would be better than create a key. You can't loose the viable the key yes

Quick Edit -- wouldn't you also need NO-PVP zone in the house? If you want open-world like many 2d games have then you'd want somekind of protection zone in it.

You can choose this attribute in your maps parameters.

13 minutes ago, Gibier said:

You can choose this attribute in your maps parameters.

Some houses that you make 'map' then yes. But for example, in my game, the house is the part of the world (Like in Tibia) which walking from street you could walk into it, and you'd need somekind of protection inside, and while the city could be all-safe zone, I feel like it's not healthy for the open pvp game, for example. So many people (waves) like me, once the source comes in I'll try to make system to add protection zones just as the 'blocking' in editor :)