Intersect using too much RAM

Kauecamelo

Question

8 answers to this question

What graphics card do you have? If you're using integrated graphics then I think graphic memory including the textures we use for lighting and map caching will be included in the task manager.

Outside of that I can't comment on it being a bug versus expected values. If it is a leak I would need time to check if its

on our side or monogames. (Probably ours)

That's a substantial amount of RAM, and shouldn't be needed. From running an empty, clean copy of Beta 2 I'm seeing ~110MB usage, but when I added tiles to the map it's now ~70MB (don't ask me why it dropped, I have no idea).

Just how much do you have on screen? How big are your tile sets?

6 minutes ago, SPQR Panda said:

That's a substantial amount of RAM, and shouldn't be needed. From running an empty, clean copy of Beta 2 I'm seeing ~110MB usage, but when I added tiles to the map it's now ~70MB (don't ask me why it dropped, I have no idea).

Just how much do you have on screen? How big are your tile sets?

I put 9 maps in the standard size and did the mapping of only 2 maps, the other 7 are empty

Screenshot_75.jpg

Just now, Kauecamelo said:

I put 9 maps in the standard size and did the mapping of only 2 maps, the other 7 are empty

I'm pretty sure the number of maps wouldn't be an issue (I think only one is loaded at a time, @jcsnider or @Kibbelz would need to confirm that).

How long has the client been running, a few minutes or a few hours? (If it's a few minutes it's likely not a memory leak, otherwise your RAM usage would still increase rapidly, if it's a few hours or even a day it probably is a slow memory leak.)

If it's only been a few minutes, do you have a lot of large graphics, or are you using the standard graphics?

Also are you running on Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Honestly I'm confused what's causing it. For me it starts around ~66MB and gets closer to 70MB when logged in, but it never changes much. I think this is going to require debugging, not just me guessing as to what the problem is. I leave it to anyone else who has an idea.

3 minutes ago, SPQR Panda said:

Honestly I'm confused what's causing it. For me it starts around ~66MB and gets closer to 70MB when logged in, but it never changes much. I think this is going to require debugging, not just me guessing as to what the problem is. I leave it to anyone else who has an idea.

I think it's something to do with map processing, when I went from one map to another, I increased my RAM consumption by 150mb, it might just be something temporary and it does not have as much impact, but it's good to find out, thank you very much from now on!

25 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

What graphics card do you have? If you're using integrated graphics then I think graphic memory including the textures we use for lighting and map caching will be included in the task manager.

Outside of that I can't comment on it being a bug versus expected values. If it is a leak I would need time to check if its

on our side or monogames. (Probably ours)

My video card is the Intel HD Graphics 4400, probably that's right, at first it should be processing the graphics, now that rendered everything is pretty smooth =D, Thank you very much.