Server specefications

PhacanuJs

Question

4 answers to this question

As far as I am aware it is capable of using more than one core, and if it is indeed capable of using multiple cores as I suspect (and if it isn't now, in the future it will be for sure) it won't be a matter of intensiveness, and it would improve performance even when not under load since it would be able to process players/networking on multiple cores at the same time.

Edited by SPQR Panda
Grammar

4 hours ago, SPQR Panda said:

As far as I am aware it is capable of using more than one core, and if it is indeed capable of using multiple cores as I suspect (and if it isn't now, in the future it will be for sure) it won't be a matter of intensiveness, and it would improve performance even when not under load since it would be able to process players/networking on multiple cores at the same time.

Ah,thank you

4 hours ago, MiniGrief said:

This isn't really a proper answer to the question, but the game server is unlikely to be so intensive that it has to use more than 1 core. Majority of the time, it would just be unnecessary.

@MiniGrief @SPQR Panda nailed it.I only asked if it could run on multiple cores or not ,cause from my prior experience a single core with a high CPU clock speed worked best for frameworks/engines that could only utillize single cores while a other engines worked better on a server with less CPU speed but more cores for whatever i was hosting to utilize