User sugestion

Ambard

I have been playing and developing 2d games for a very long time. I have found that the most successful 2d games have 3 very distinct things in common. #1 is a high score system. Overall high scores and skill level high scores. #2 is a good guild system. The ability to create guilds and assign guild roles and have a guild hall to interact in. #3 is a war system. A programed war events system that guilds can attend and battle each other or npc's for bragging rights. Some of the best and simplest 2d mmo's  out there have a system that allows wars to be fought and seasons to be recorded on a guild winners web page on the games web site. All 2d games must have these three very basic sytems written within there engine if any game ever has a chance of attracting a fan base. At Ambardia, we coded in all these things. They were extremely successful and continue to be successful right now as I write this. Please try to add these to the core of the Intersect game engine. here is a great example of what I am talking about: https://atulos.com/arena-wars

Ambardia will have these things and I hope Intersect adds these to their base system.

f038bbaf4467c4239f18a6b56f90f81b.png

edc3bf16631d659e79607d63ec61a98b.png

While they are great features, I wouldn't say that they're necessary for a successful 2D ORPG. Intersect isn't also only for RPG's and I believe that JC and Kibbelz are trying to make vanilla Intersect contain only essentials and then add source tutorials for things that wouldn't per say fit every game's design.

44 minutes ago, NotAzizele said:

While they are great features, I wouldn't say that they're necessary for a successful 2D ORPG. Intersect isn't also only for RPG's and I believe that JC and Kibbelz are trying to make vanilla Intersect contain only essentials and then add source tutorials for things that wouldn't per say fit every game's design.

This exactly. Only the fundamentals and essentials that everyone will use will be included within Intersect. We want to avoid 100 clones of every game having the same features and we want to encourage people to release source tutorials and their own private features to distinguish their games from the rest of the pack! Features we will avoid are graphic reliant features since they require removal from the engine if the user doesn't want them or does not process the graphical talent to work with them. per say, custom graphics for 8 directions.

I have been playing and developing 2d games for a very long time. I have found that the most successful 2d games have 3 very distinct things in common. #1 is a high score system. Overall high scores and skill level high scores. #2 is a good guild system. The ability to create guilds and assign guild roles and have a guild hall to interact in. #3 is a war system. A programed war events system that guilds can attend and battle each other or npc's for bragging rights. Some of the best and simplest 2d mmo's  out there have a system that allows wars to be fought and seasons to be recorded on a guild winners web page on the games web site. All 2d games must have these three very basic sytems written within there engine if any game ever has a chance of attracting a fan base. At Ambardia, we coded in all these things. They were extremely successful and continue to be successful right now as I write this.

In my humble opinion...

I would agree all of those are necessary, and I trust your judegements in the mmo realm. You are so right about player interaction being key and maximizing it through those additions

However,

I foresee once the source comes out there will be alot of coders making plug in play versions of many different features such as guilds ect.

In that respect I feel Kibbelz and JCSnider getting the engine out into open source in a stable manner is the best allocation of thier expertise

Edited by Henry
Kibbelz you posted at the same time as me lol.