Pokemon Teams

Oddly

So, curious to hear your favorite pokemon team you've ever composed.
Which game was it in? 

Who was on your team?
What were their nicknames?

What were some of your strategies?

Here's my team on pokemon crystal now...

Thinking of getting a dragonite to replace togetic.

Gengar - Raspberry,

Ampharos - Shocktart,
Steelix - Jawbreaker,

Flareon - Pepper,

Fraligator - Mango

Togetic - Omlette

Interesting Strats:

Gengar:

Primarly based on keeping pokemon from attacking. while removing as much health per turn as possible.

Hypnosis

Nightmare

Curse

Night Shade
This really comes in handy for doing a huge amount of damage per turn. Curse a pokemon first, then hypnosis and nightmare, (nightmare takes off 1/4 hp per turn, curse doing bonus end of turn damage) and then nightshade while you're waiting for them to finish. It's an awesome strat.

Steelix:

Rage and harden

(harden up, just keep building up that rage)

I took down a gym of pokemon 10 levels ahead of my steelix, only my steelix with no potions or heals whatsoever. Seriously, this bitch is OP af.

I'm still working on some strat build for Ampharos and Flareon, togetic is leaving and fraligator is MOSTLY for type advantages, he has an ice punch for dragon types and grass types.

I haven't really dug too deep into my crystal game recently, maybe I'll restart :P but a few pokemon and their strategies are:

Tyranitar: I love using him to use Sandstorm, the buffet is good, and he's overall a strong type Pokemon. You can also teach him Earthquake which is a great move to have.

Gengar: Although you already went over it, Gengar is a must have. Great Pokemon and the Curse, Hypnosis and Dream Eater technique is just unique to its own. 

Butterfree: I like Butterfree because it learns confusion at what, like level 10? Maybe in Crystal its 15 but thats still super low for a Pokemon that's so easy to get. It also gets hypnosis as well as other grass moves, so that's ALWAYS awesome.

Poliwag and Politoad: Politoad can learn Earthquake, Hypnosis, and Water moves. o.o Super OP. Poliwag can learn Hypnosis, as well as good Water moves and I like a nice Poliwag to catch when starting.

Just a few favorites of mine<333

2 hours ago, xSherwiNx said:

Shuckle: Toxic, Protect, Rest, Safe Guard

Props for making shuckle decent

I forgot to mention, usually I don't keep my starters on my team.

:o I always keep my starter but to each his own. I don't have a set team but I do always love hitmonchan and hitmonlee. They can learn all the elemental punchs :D

^ if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I played Pokémon. 

4 hours ago, Zetasis said:

:o I always keep my starter but to each his own. I don't have a set team but I do always love hitmonchan and hitmonlee. They can learn all the elemental punchs :D

^ if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I played Pokémon. 

they can learn elemental punches, but I don't think they get the type bonus for them.

"A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit." -Bulbapedia

Don't fuckle with the shuckle

Ok so I restarted my Crystal game, team is as follows:

@Jimmy JumpDrive - Quilava

@PhenomenalDev - Ariados

@jcsnider - Kadabra

@SPQR Panda - Poliwag

@Zetasis - Butterfree

@Kasplant - Sudowoodo 

If you're tagged I used your name or an abbreviation of your name to name my Pokemon :P

Quilava Strategy

Smokescreen the opponent to shit and then quick attack/ember to death. Probably ember, depends on the type difference. 

Ariados Strategy

Night Shade/Poison Sting/Scary Face/Leech Life

Named Phen after a bug XD wonder why? <3<3 Suprsingly one of my favorite Pokemon at the moment. Night Shade does greats amount of damage and is good va ghost. Poison Sting doesn't hurt much but gives the opportunity to poison. Scary Face for speed decrease and Leech Life to gain a little hp<3 all around decent move set. 

Kadabra Strategy

No real strategy here yet, just psybeam the opponent to death.

Poliwag Strategy

Use hypnosis and then double slap that homie back to his block. 

Butterfree Strategy

Sleep Powder/Confusion/Poison Powder/Tackle

Sleep Powder, Confusion, Confusion, Confusion, repeat. 

I just use Sudowoodo for normal types really. 

20 minutes ago, DudeItsCorey said:

Ok so I restarted my Crystal game, team is as follows:

@Jimmy JumpDrive - Quilava

@PhenomenalDev - Ariados

@jcsnider - Kadabra

@SPQR Panda - Poliwag

@Zetasis - Butterfree

@Kasplant - Sudowoodo 

If you're tagged I used your name or an abbreviation of your name to name my Pokemon :P

Quilava Strategy

Smokescreen the opponent to shit and then quick attack/ember to death. Probably ember, depends on the type difference. 

Ariados Strategy

Night Shade/Poison Sting/Scary Face/Leech Life

Named Phen after a bug XD wonder why? <3<3 Suprsingly one of my favorite Pokemon at the moment. Night Shade does greats amount of damage and is good va ghost. Poison Sting doesn't hurt much but gives the opportunity to poison. Scary Face for speed decrease and Leech Life to gain a little hp<3 all around decent move set. 

Kadabra Strategy

No real strategy here yet, just psybeam the opponent to death.

Poliwag Strategy

Use hypnosis and then double slap that homie back to his block. 

Butterfree Strategy

Sleep Powder/Confusion/Poison Powder/Tackle

Sleep Powder, Confusion, Confusion, Confusion, repeat. 

I just use Sudowoodo for normal types really. 

I REALLY need to find a way to battle you!

10 hours ago, Jimmy JumpDrive said:

I REALLY need to find a way to battle you!

Save our roms, transfer them to a desktop and then download an emulator that supports trading and battling. I need to trade poliwhirl for politoad. 

31 minutes ago, DudeItsCorey said:

Save our roms, transfer them to a desktop and then download an emulator that supports trading and battling. I need to trade poliwhirl for politoad. 

31 minutes ago, DudeItsCorey said:

im on gameboy colour not an emulator.

There are emulators that allow trade and transferring?!?!? Which emulator does that? I mean with other people anyways. I know you can load up two roms and trade with your self but is it possible to trade with other people?

41 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

There are emulators that allow trade and transferring?!?!? Which emulator does that? I mean with other people anyways. I know you can load up two roms and trade with your self but is it possible to trade with other people?

http://www.vbalink.info/download-gba-emulator.htm

Only accepts 2 people, but that's fine for what (we) would need. 

8 hours ago, DudeItsCorey said:

@Jimmy JumpDrive fack. I'm on a phone emulator. There must be some way. 

EDIT: @Jimmy JumpDrive bro just use rare candy and Pokemon modifier cheats to get the Pokemon you have and their moves/ levels on a Rom and bam, get to what, 2nd gym and then we can battle as if you were on the GAMEBOY. 

we should try to get our pokemans around the same level first. some of mine are still under 40, i just got to kanto