can someone help me fix this?

Justn

Question

Hello guys

I posted this in the bugs section but i have been unable to do anything with my game since it happens everytime i open the editor. Is there a way to debug it without deleting all of my maps?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Error Description

For some reason when I open the editor and click a map to load i get an Unhandled exception error and have to close the editor. Happens every time. I went to one of my maps in-game and noticed lights were not working. Went into editor to check it out thats when I started getting this message.

Replication Steps

Open editor and click on a map to load. (Doesn't happen on the first map)

Attach Screenshots/Other media
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Notes from error: 

************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorGraphics.DrawLight(Int32 x, Int32 y, LightBase light, RenderTarget2D target) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorGraphics.cs:line 1246 at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorGraphics.DrawLights(RenderTarget2D target) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorGraphics.cs:line 1237 at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorGraphics.ClearDarknessTexture(RenderTarget2D target, Boolean screenShotting) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorGraphics.cs:line 1193 at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorGraphics.Render() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorGraphics.cs:line 174 at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorLoop.RunFrame() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorLoop.cs:line 84 at Intersect_Editor.Classes.EditorLoop.StartLoop() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Editor\Classes\Core\EditorLoop.cs:line 56 

3 answers to this question

It's possible that you are missing the editor shader. This would be the case if you didn't follow the upgrade instructions from Alpha 1.9 to Beta 1.

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/109793779e6c5b91269e28d74b8b7762.zip

You can try copying those files into your editor folder.. but most likely you will have to wait until I fix the bugs in Beta 2 (for Beta 3) until you can resume.

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

It's possible that you are missing the editor shader. This would be the case if you didn't follow the upgrade instructions from Alpha 1.9 to Beta 1.

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/109793779e6c5b91269e28d74b8b7762.zip

You can try copying those files into your editor folder.. but most likely you will have to wait until I fix the bugs in Beta 2 (for Beta 3) until you can resume.

Yea i think i  going to have to wait. Everything has been working fine updated from 1.9 to beta 1 and 2 no problems lights were working great in beta 2 was just 1 map where i had different colors that started the issue.

hey its working now! the first map that loads with the editor worked fine it was always when clicking on a different map it would crash. I changed a couple things on the first working map and saved it and then i was able to go to all maps and lights on the bad map are all working! why is that?