Wolfy 2D Engine

TheNuclearWolf

1 hour ago, Draken said:

well the game i want to make will be a mmorpg just not the normal type that people think of. You still gain levels  but you buy body parts which different parts upgrade different stats, also wanted to use like a scale model feature which will make the player larger and give more defense and hp so you could become a giant creature to murder other players. I had a lot of stuff planned for this and just seeing what you was doing I was thinking an eariler version might be possible to turn into this.

Also no quest system in it or npc editor needed. all npcs will just need to be randomized parts and thrown in the world and all them to hunt for food / level themselves up. i dont know just saw what you was doing and could see how it could be possible. I just don't code much now days it drives me insane.

MMXV 3D is built specifically for MMORPG's, it could work for your game, but I do not recommend using this for that style of game. A player model cannot be changed once it is created after character creation, you could trick the system, and make the character model empty, and use armor piece's to simulate a body instead, but there would be no animations. It would be easier to start from scratch, MMXV will add a lot of unnecessary additions to your game. It would be inefficient for your game. Though it is possible to make this style of game.

12 hours ago, AgentFrenchFry said:

Do you have any screenshots for the engine? Like, the editor, and hopefully gameplay of some sort?

Hello, I have shown a few pictures but I hope to get more out soon.

I need someone willing to share models that I can use to get some pictures.

I'm almost finished with the editor, and I intend to share some pictures sometime this month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 7:07 PM, PhenomenalDab said:

@TheNuclearWolf There are tons of free character models online.

True.
I will probably search for some models soon.

Update 16/05/17
The editor is roughly 30% completed, Server is roughly 80% completed.

I have almost finished the importer, so you can import your own assets.
Once I finish that then I'm gonna search and fix any bugs I can find.

• 3 months later...

It's been 5 months since my last update so I would like to make a quick update now.

A lot has changed with this engine, and I drastically changing how it functions. First of all its no longer an MMO engine, it's an all-purpose multiplayer engine. You can make an RPG, Fps, Rts, And any other game inside it. It's much like Unity or Unreal but focused on multiplayer.
I chose to do this because every time I added a feature, such as new graphics, or a skill tree, I got confused as to why I'm making such a tight system.
What I mean by tight is something that limits the user so much, I want the user to have full control of their game!
The editor itself is done, just working on a completely new server system, compiler, and a more user-friendly UI.

Other than that I may bring back a project I called Wolfy "I know it's a silly name" It was my second programming project I started when I was 9.
It's basically Eclipse Origins, but nowhere near as good. But I am much more skilled in programming now, so if anyone is interested in seeing a multi-platform 2d MMORPG engine with the following features message me or reply to this comment!:

Dynamic lights & Shadows
Weather
Npc's
Quests
Pets
Guilds
Mounts
Bosses
Particles
Possibly an Addon system
Paperdolls
Crafting
Server Authoritative
Possible Character Creation
And more!
Would work on the following systems: Pc, Mac, Linux, Andriod, Xbox, Ps4, Browser, iPhone.
And Much Much more

I may not create it as there are already many 2d engines here.

Hello !

If your engine bring something different than what we already have, i think many people will use your engine.

But if you just add the features of the actuals engine but alone you're gonna be under the standard.

16 minutes ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Would work on the following systems: Pc, Mac, Linux, Andriod, Xbox, Ps4, Browser, iPhone.
And Much Much more

It's maybe the best idea ==> there is no MMO engine for Browser or mobile.

And a lot of people would love this kind of features !

Good luck for your project!

1 minute ago, Abyss said:

Hello !

If your engine bring something different than what we already have, i think many people will use your engine.

But if you just add the features of the actuals engine but alone you're gonna be under the standard.

It's maybe the best idea ==> there is no MMO engine for Browser or mobile.

And a lot of people would love this kind of features !

Good luck for your project!

Thank you!
I have many plans for the engine, many of them are unique and never explored in this community, as far as I know of.
One of these major features is Multi-platform, but another interesting one is c# coding while the server is running.
You can add any feature you like with either c# or Lua, but I'm not sure about Lua yet.
Those are features I have Planned and not what is completed, I may start a trello to keep up to date on whats completed.

Wolfy 2D

Update 19/09/2017

Bring back my old project!
Will be one of the most advanced MMORPG engines on this forum!

Directx9, 10, 11 & OpenGL
Will function on Browser, Phones and possibly even Consoles if I ever get there.

Here are some of the Visual effects:

Shadows
Global Illumination
Bloom

Particles

Volumetric background clouds

Procedural Weather 

And much more!!!

Alpha 0.0.1 will be available within the year (Or January 2018 ) to a number of selected people if you wish to have a chance to use the software please pm me!

Do not expect a fully working engine in Alpha stages, its only testing and figuring out what the best method for everything is!

MMXV 3D

Update 19/09/2017

Still, work in progress, I heavily underestimated the work it needs.

It's a functioning system but requires a lot of work to make it usable for a game.

I will no longer be posting updates on this engine here on this forum until its near completion.

Testing lights!

Here shows two lights hitting each other and a shadow!

blob.png.539c2437501534eb03923e61a97f91f4.png

Here is just one light and shadows!

blob.png.16073ce0b7efbdc73c1e4210e910c02c.png

Tested with over 100 lights and shadows on android!

Also, characters and NPC's can give of shadows as well but that's toggleable. 

In fact, over 70% of the game is customizable from the editor, I just need to sync it with all the clients.

There is a ton I have to sync!

Quick little post to see if anyone has any better ideas.

All graphics are on the server, and the server goes through each one and stores them in an array.
I then send that array over the network then the client turns them back into images.

This works just fine but can get slow when there are a lot of textures, or when they are 1 MB or above.
I could maybe host a website which can store these files, that way they are always up, and only need to be downloaded.

The reason I wish to do this instead of the normal is so clients never have to update.
The only time they need to update is when a massive change to the engine comes.

6 hours ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Quick little post to see if anyone has any better ideas.

All graphics are on the server, and the server goes through each one and stores them in an array.
I then send that array over the network then the client turns them back into images.

This works just fine but can get slow when there are a lot of textures, or when they are 1 MB or above.
I could maybe host a website which can store these files, that way they are always up, and only need to be downloaded.

The reason I wish to do this instead of the normal is so clients never have to update.
The only time they need to update is when a massive change to the engine comes.

You do realize that the data is being downloaded by the clients one way or another, right?

Update 24/09/2017

Someone just offered me $6000 to buy Wolfy 2D and MMXV 3D and the name TheNuclearWolf/TheNuclearWolves. I accepted, not for the money, but for someone to be able to continue the project better than I can!

I hope that this person can focus more of their time towards this engine, and make it into something I never could.

So this is goodbye.

I loved working on this project, but I don't have the time and knowledge to finish it and make it the best it can be!

I have school, a job, a farm, and a ton of animals to take care of.

So if any updates ever happen, it will be at http://nuclearwolves.com/ As he purchased that from me as well.