Error when running Intersect Beta 2.0 Server app

Voltramas

Question

Hello All,

Not sure which forum to post this in, but I wanted to share this error and what the resolution was with anyone who was upgrading from Alpha 1.9 to Beta 1.0 to Beta 2.0.

In the new Beta release, the DLL files are now located in the 'libs' folder. Within the 'Libs\Server' path, there are two folders. One for 32-bit (x86) and another for 64-bit (x64).

When upgrading, after I performed the map migration, I encountered the following error when launching the server (error is coming from the error log in resources\errors.log):

Message :An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)<br/>
StackTrace :   at Mono.Data.Sqlite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_config(SQLiteConfig config)
   at Mono.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnection.SetConfig(SQLiteConfig config)
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.InitDatabase() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:line 186
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:line 68
Date :1/15/2017 12:52:18 AM

The issue was that the 'sqllite3.dll' file that I had in my libs\server directory was not 64-bit, and my machine has a 64-bit OS installed. I simply copied the 'sqllite3.dll' file located in the x64 folder, and pasted it within the libs\server folder, overriding the current sqllite3.dll file. If you have a 32-bit OS and are encountering this error, then try copying the 32-bit sqllite3.dll from x86.

Hope this helps anyone having this issue! Again, please let me know if this is the wrong forum.

4 answers to this question

I'm curious, did you delete the old libs folder as instructed by the upgrade path? There should not have been an SQLite3.dll file directly in the libs/server folder, as it will automatically be detected from the x86/x64 folders on run-time.