Dev Blog 1/15/2017 - New Layer Icons & Hiding Layers

jcsnider

984549685492.png

New Layer Icons & Hiding Layers

January 15th 2017

News/Updates

I'm tired of working on localization of the game editor so I figured I would share a cool new addition to Intersect. I want to give a huge shoutout and thanks to @Zetasis, he has made us new icons for the Intersect editor to represent the various layers on a map. Starting in Beta 3 we will ditch the drop down list and make it so you can switch layers with a single mouse click instead of 2.

c59139ad5aab847a24cb74f85e18dec1.png

Switching between layers will make the face light up. The face is overlapped by the fringe and fringe 2 layers to show character placement in game.

88cd07e20b0698f742120b1adba9548a.gif

We also added a new feature for everyone, if you right click on the new icons a red X will appear, and that layer will be hidden in the map editor:

You can look forward to this in Beta 3!

Whats next?

Make sure to check out the Intersect Road Map as for what features we have next planned in line! We are going to be fixing all reported bugs and then getting another release out to you all. After that we are going to explore adding multi-language support to Intersect and going from there.

As always, feel free to post comments and questions below! We are excited to hear your thoughts on our progress!

So awesome to see them in action! I can't wait to click them myself lol. Anyways, I really think hiding layers will be something a lot of people will get used to doing as it helps a ton. This way you can check and make sure you have the right layer selected and you're not going to accidentally delete anything on the map.

• 2 weeks later...