Combat Crash

Senraise

Question

Well, I've been using the Beta for a couple days now, been having a blast, reminds me of Elysium Diamond from way back when I was a teen. Made a few maps, after I spent most my hours just adding resources (MP3s dont work? Mmmkay, OGG time. Sound effects have to be WAV? Check.Only 12 Tilesets? Hahahaha, push that number to 40.)

And then I added a few NPCs to attack on my maps. They can attack each other just fine, but the second I attack one of them, the game will crash 100% of the time.It seems like the game is looking for an attack animation/sound and I simply don't have one set up yet? Did I miss a step? (Mmmkay, fresh download of engine, quickly make a NPC, attack it, annnd crash. What the actual fun?) 

I'm assuming the error is this, and Client side only?

Spoiler

Message :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.<br/>
StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Networking.PacketSender.SendPlayerDeath(Int32 index) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Networking\PacketSender.cs:line 1532
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Player.Die(Boolean dropitems, Entity killer) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Player.cs:line 255
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Entity.TryAttack(Entity enemy, ProjectileBase isProjectile, Int32 isSpell, Int32 projectileDir) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Entity.cs:line 822
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Npc.TryAttack(Entity enemy, ProjectileBase isProjectile, Int32 isSpell, Int32 projectileDir) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Npc.cs:line 126
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Npc.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Npc.cs:line 418
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Maps.MapInstance.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Maps\MapInstance.cs:line 606
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.ServerLoop.RunServerLoop() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\ServerLoop.cs:line 41
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.<>c.<Main>b__0_0() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:line 75
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

For the record, I'm not the brightest bulb in the shed, and I haven't changed a single line of code yet.

EDIT: Fixed everything,.I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or just me missing core files, so I wasn't sure where to post. Thanks JC.

Date :1/10/2017 6:37:24 AM

2 answers to this question

Hi @Senraise welcome to AGD.  Yeah Elysium was my life many years ago. Elements of Elysium made it into Intersect

Bug reports generally go here

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/community/bug_tracker/intersect/

But let me save you the time. You can find a server replacement here with a fix to your problem. This fix will also be pushed into Beta 2.

Regards,

JC

4 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Hi @Senraise welcome to AGD.  Yeah Elysium was my life many years ago. Elements of Elysium made it into Intersect

Bug reports generally go here

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/community/bug_tracker/intersect/

But let me save you the time. You can find a server replacement here with a fix to your problem. This fix will also be pushed into Beta 2.

Regards,

JC

You've released two hotfixes now in bug reports, possibly a good idea to update the original Beta 1 topic with these in case we get more questions about this?