About title background image and resolution

Refur

Question

Hi guys, maybe a noob question;

I was testing put a custom image background title to my game, but I notice that the image isn't resizing according the game resolution. I mean, if I use an image with 1920x1080 dimensions and the game is 1024×768, It will only show a part of the image (It does not adjust). Is there a way to auto-adjust the background image?, because if a player want to change his game resolution, the image will not show fine.

Regards

9 answers to this question

I chose for the engine to crop the image on lower resolutions instead of scaling it so it doesn't look bad when the aspect ratio of the window changes. 

I recommend choosing a background where everything outside the 800x600 center is just extra detail but not important. If you really want scaling that is a one line code change when the source is out. 

15 minutes ago, Refur said:

I was testing put a custom image background title to my game, but I notice that the image isn't resizing according the game resolution. I mean, if I use an image with 1920x1080 dimensions and the game is 1024×768, It will only show a part of the image (It does not adjust). Is there a way to auto-adjust the background image?, because if a player want to change his game resolution, the image will not show fine.

Regards

I've tested this before. It should change automatically?

15 minutes ago, Essence said:

I've tested this before. It should change automatically?

Do you mean that It work to you? Yesterday I upgraded the Intersect engine to Beta 1, before this I never tried to change the background image, maybe a version issue or I upgraded the program wrong? ???

6 minutes ago, Refur said:

Do you mean that It work to you? Yesterday I upgraded the Intersect engine to Beta 1, before this I never tried to change the background image, maybe a version issue or I upgraded the program wrong? ???

When I was using Intersect 1.9 it worked fine, I even tested the resolutions. There shouldn't be an issue with it. If you are finding issues then edit the image to a higher or lower resolution. See what results you get.

33 minutes ago, Refur said:

Regards

It also does this for me and is pretty bad design-wise.

The image should auto-scale with your resolution.

It's better having a lower-quality image on lower resolutions than only being able to see half of the image.

12 minutes ago, Essence said:

When I was using Intersect 1.9 it worked fine, I even tested the resolutions. There shouldn't be an issue with it. If you are finding issues then edit the image to a higher or lower resolution. See what results you get.

Well, I tested too with the default Intersect background image and I only changed the game resolution, when I did It, the game only showed a part of the image (without auto adjust).

Right now I'm at work, I'll test again at night.

Regards

Edit:

It also does this for me and is pretty bad design-wise.

The image should auto-scale with your resolution.

It's better having a lower-quality image on lower resolutions than only being able to see half of the image.

Well, so I'm not the only with this problem @lurv , Hope the dev team improve this in a new engine version. ^-^

Edited by Refur

24 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I chose for the engine to crop the image on lower resolutions instead of scaling it so it doesn't look bad when the aspect ratio of the window changes. 

I recommend choosing a background where everything outside the 800x600 center is just extra detail but not important. If you really want scaling that is a one line code change when the source is out. 

Well, for now I'll try It, thanks for the advice ;)

Regards