Nin Online Beta

Rory

Hi everyone, just wanted to spread the word about our game moving out of alpha and into beta stage (after 3 years).

DyVJA8k.jpg

The entire team is working around the clock trying to make sure phasing into beta goes as smoothly as possible. Which is why we've decided it will be best to soft-launch it over the coming month. So we hope that you guys can return to help us test and make sure everything is good before we open it to the public and start advertising the game to the rest of the world.

With all these new features coming, we hope you continue to support the game we have and will continue to be pouring so much time and effort into in the following weeks. We hope to see you when we relaunch in Closed Beta!

www.ninonline.org

2 hours ago, yeroC said:

Nin has always looked great, Im a gold member there :P Looks like you've come a far way since I've been there.

Thanks for the support then my friend, and yes it's been a lot of work!

36 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

The game looks good but I am curious how you guys managed to get around copyright laws?

Its "Nin", they created their own naruto world, without calling themselves Naruto, all art etc etc is made by them, its their own Naruto ninja'ing world, without it being Naruto itself. 

@yeroC so let me get this straight with an example for all the fan made games out there. If persay I was making a pokemon clone with my own graphics but the same pokemon from the original series but call the title somthing like poke online. Would that also bypass copyright? Or did I miss something.

I'm fairly sure terms like "hidden leaf" and the moves etc from Naturo would be copyrighted too?

Nah hidden leaf isn't anything in Naruto, and you can't copyright things like "Leaf Village" or "Sand Village" all the music, art, its all original, I don't know though you'd have to ask Rory. If you made a pokemon clone but with different graphics, different pokemon, same basic abilities yeah you'd probably be fine, dunno though I can't say.  

I imagine some people will raise an eyebrow to it, and there'll be companies internally trying to get a case (especially when it involves Pokémon or other Nintendo properties! :P) but I highly doubt they'll do much against this, it's been going for years now.

@Chronos I'm unsure. The Naruto series has finished so i assume they are not actively looking for copyrighted material. My concern is that perhaps when this gets a lot bigger and they are aware of its existence it gets taken down. I think an old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game called PMUniverse which still uses the graphics directly from the games, has been going for about 10 years. They sure as hell are using copyrighted material and haven't been taken down. I only assume its because Nintendo are not aware of the games existence.

The concern with copyright issues is definitely legitimate, it's all a very fine line between what can be considered parody and plagiarism. On one end, a heavily inspired ninja game clearly on the safe side is Ninja Saga and then you have games clearly not on the safe side and flat on plagiarizing like Naruto Spirit which recently closed down due to the lack of players (because Viz made an official competitor to their game, Naruto Online, a Facebook game)

Nin Online sits on the thin line between the two, we borrow more heavily from the Naruto series with a few monumental locations and the Village Symbols.
Other than that, none of the content is bothered by copyright infringement and trademarks as all the art, music and characters are original.
If we ever do receive a C&D from Viz, we have a backup plan to remove the symbols and a few other changes that will place us on the safe side of the law.

Thanks for all the comments and concerns guys!