Maps Tutorial Compilation

Miharukun

I will post all of my knowledge about maps in here! :D 

How to make level restricment.

So first you go to your editor and then Content Editor and click Switch and Variable Editor, after that you make a Switch called "Level restriction lvl xx" for this tutorial i will make it as "Royal Guard Test" and it would be players that already level 10. So, for players below level 10 can't go to the next area. Do it like so,

Spoiler

bbea20bf62e07bc6ab2538f5e800da85.png

After that go to map and then click the Event thing, After that name it Royal Guard or something you like, pick the suitable sprite (to make it more epic, add an Animation for the NPC)  and for the first line, make the npc say that the map behind him is dangerous bla bla bla just make a story about it :D and then click the 2nd line and choose "Conditional Branch" and make sure you make it "Level is" and make it "Greater or Equal to" so the players that lvl 10 or greater than lvl 10 can go inside and and then in the first line, click it and then "Set Switch" and put your Switch that you made before like so, and after the Else put a showtext that saying that this player level is too low to enter the area. Like so

P.S If you want to make it like SAO, make it Global Switches not Player Switches. So once a player already reach the required level, it will open for all the players.

Spoiler

60320fc7ca9726addfca6f2c87850686.png

After that click the New Page and in the new page, put your sprite again and click the "+" icon on the Condition tab, above the sprite, and put the Royal Guard Test switch we made before and after that input Warp To in the first line, like so.

Spoiler

e942ca324d2f9cb4e4db9e0ad84d4945.png

And there you go, you just make a level restrict guard :D sorry for my bad english and for you to go back, just make another guard behind the Royal Guard Sprite (in the sacred place) that warps you to in front of Royal Guard again. Like so xD

Spoiler

24ef5990e496ffc17b3d57c3c560b1eb.png

If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comments :D I will help you as best as i could!

3 minutes ago, Miharukun said:

I will post all of my knowledge about maps in here! :D 

How to make an animated Bonfire.

Reveal hidden contents

Have you tried the video ? I'm able to watch it.

Not sure why you'd want to waste server resources for something as basic as a campfire, but to each their own. A simple 10 second copy/paste job could get you an animation file to use. :P 

Remember: Events are all handled by the server, and not having made it global you made it run for every single player that can see the fire as well. So 10 players = 10 fires the server has to worry about. So yes, it works. No it's not very efficient. (Basing this on how it worked in the VB6 version, assuming it's not much different now.)

• 2 weeks later...