Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin

Crystalshire Source - Complete *no Auth-Server edit*

23 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

here i want you to release the Crystalshire Source code without the Auth-Server and SQL stuff, as many people wished. It also includes whole Server and Client Data Files.

btqdbdj7.jpg

2.png

How i can create a Account?

- You just have to enter a Username and Password in the Login Window and the account gets automatically created if the account does not exist.

Hope you guys can do something with it and it helps educational purposes

Download Link : Removed (see this -> https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/community/topic/1025-crystalshire-source-complete-no-auth-server-edit/?do=findComment&comment=17014

Damian666, Rob and Azvd like this

Kevin any chance of throwing all the reqs into one download? Might as well make it easy for everyone.

PS. Thanks for bringing this online with as little config required as possible.

This is amazing. Thank you so much! This is really interesting to mess around with even though it's Vb6 coded. =) 

Hey guys. Robin reached out. While he doesn't mind the code and source edits being distributed he wants us to keep the Crystalshire graphics off our site. I am removing the download links for all Crystalshire projects. I encourage you all to create placeholder graphics and re-upload if you have the time to do so.  Thanks so much, JC

Anyone who wants to attempt that (who doesn't have the resources) can reach out to Kevin for the ones we've been asked not to redistribute if they have the intention on making alternative/placeholder graphics for the community.

Kasplant likes this

3 minutes ago, Interface said:

can i use the tilesets and characters for my game? thanks

5 hours ago, Robin said:

You just can't have the actual game content and resources.

Why doesn't someone just download it, clear all the items, NPCs, maps, etc, and replace the GFX that's there with RMXP or something of the sort, just placeholders. 

21 hours ago, yeroC said:

Why doesn't someone just download it, clear all the items, NPCs, maps, etc, and replace the GFX that's there with RMXP or something of the sort, just placeholders. 

That's exactly what I did when I released it.

Again, you can find it here: https://github.com/RobinPerris/Crystalshire

I simply asked that people don't copy the actual game data over from the Crystalshire game and re-distribute that with the source code.

The code is MIT, everything else is not.

DudeItsCorey likes this

Locking this thread as its only being used to facilitate sharing of content that Robin has requested we do not share.

If someone would like to follow Kevin's steps and release a modified source without the sql/auth stuff then we encourage them to do so in a new thread.

The original source can be found here: https://github.com/RobinPerris/Crystalshire

(Use your own resources!)