Shutting Down the AGD Discord

jcsnider

I understand that this is going to be an unpopular decision but I have decided to close down the official AGD Discord server and remove the ad for it on the sidebar of our site.

This decision has not been made lightly, I understand that there are about a dozen users who routinely check the discord channel or chat there and even more who have signed up while it has been available.

As an owner and one of the mods here at AGD there are just too many complexities to justify keeping it around:

• Discord is rarely or never used for voice chat.
    • This means 95% or more communication is shouting/text chat.
    • We already have a shoutbox on the site. Discord is taking away from site activity and vice versa.
  • Discord is unlinked from the forum database
    • Membergroups are not kept in sync and have to be manually updated.
    • Usernames are often not the same.
    • Bans/Warnings are not carried over.
  • Discord is completely unmoderated.
    • No one on our admin/mod team uses Discord, and asking them to moderate the site is already too much.
    • Trying to moderate two different shoutboxes simply isn't fair to our team and it would only be more work as the site grows.

All that said we are gonna close the AGD Discord server and move on. We are going to keep it open/available for about a week and we will close it on Saturday November 12th.  We are hoping that this gives our Discord users time to process this change and add friends or come up with alternate ways to contact those you'd like to stay in touch with

Moving forward we encourage all of our Discord fans to keep chatting with us. The shoutbox is open 24/7 on our home page https://ascensiongamedev.com after you've been a member for 2 weeks.

Best,
JC

23 hours ago, SneakBug8 said:

Please, don't. If u want, i can moderate Discord, but don't remove it, because i can't check ur website every hour and i (not only me) get news only from Discord channel.

This is EXACTLY why we are shutting it down. This was your first post on the forums, we are trying to stear away from splitting the community, we have a shoutbox, in which I believe we are removing the 2 week period in which you cant see it, so you will be able to talk there.  

16 hours ago, yeroC said:

This is EXACTLY why we are shutting it down. This was your first post on the forums, we are trying to stear away from splitting the community, we have a shoutbox, in which I believe we are removing the 2 week period in which you cant see it, so you will be able to talk there.  

It isn't my first post on forum -_-

Wrv6vGEZfOA.jpg