Jump to content

Weylon Santana
  • Version: Beta 5 Fixed Bug Report

For tracking and organizational purposes, please include ONLY ONE bug or suggestion per report. Thank you!
Reports not in English will be removed.

Error Description


I do not know what's going on, it might be my mistake, but I have a log I'm reporting.

I was cleaning up my events and organizing a few things when I started redoing an event that was already working, but not in the way I wanted.
It is a set of events that are interconnected with each other.
At the end of redoing these events the client began to crash.

I can not say exactly what I did because I spent more than hours modifying several and several events to organize them the way they are now.
If it is my mistake, please help me locate it.

I am using the server and offline client.



2019-07-08 12:04:43.608 [Error] Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2019-07-08 12:04:43.616 [Error] Stack Trace:    at Intersect.Client.UI.Game.GameGuiBase.HidePicture() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Game\GameGuiBase.cs:line 202
   at Intersect.Client.Networking.PacketHandler.HandleHidePicture(Byte[] packet) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 1384
   at Intersect.Client.Networking.PacketHandler.HandlePacket(ByteBuffer bf) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 191
   at Intersect.Client.Networking.PacketHandler.HandlePacket(IPacket packet) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 55
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Network.IntersectNetworkSocket.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\MonoGame\Network\IntersectNetworkSocket.cs:line 82
   at Intersect.Client.Networking.GameNetwork.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Networking\GameNetwork.cs:line 145
   at Intersect.Client.GameMain.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Core\GameMain.cs:line 54
   at Intersect.Client.IntersectGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\IntersectGame.cs:line 112
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
2019-07-08 12:04:43.617 [Error] Time: 7/8/2019 12:04:43 PM


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Dashplant said:

Have you not created some infinite loop or an event that's getting triggered extremely fast? 

I tried to create an event that sits in an infinite loop, but I gave up on the idea. The events or events only change the page and the page has nothing.

And that they activate very fast, I do not know to say, I believe that yes. But I've never had a problem with that. Why do you think these might be the problems?

Share this comment

Link to comment
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

I've had it happen to me, put a 'wait' command in the fast event, that might fix it 

I need to point out something.
This dungeon has a counter steps.
In step 2 of preparation [and crash] and spawn of monsters, only 2 events are running with [when variable step is 2]
1 common event


This works like a counter. I have several like him.
Set value for variable
Decreases every second
and conditional branches to check when it arrives at a value and warn you that x remains.


and the spawn monsters event




This works in a more complicated way.

First he checks how many players there are at the event. Then check how many monsters have already been generated.
If the conditional branches do not match, then go to the bottom of the page where spawn 5 monsters and add 5 to the variable, where it returns to the beginning [automatically] where it checks again.
In the first conditional branch where it check 1 player and 30 monsters. there is a script different from the others, since I am testing alone for after all being ok, copy for the rest of branches.


When there is 1 player and the event generates the monsters until counting 30.
It shows the text that there are 30 monsters.
wait 5s
turn on the global switch [to change page]
and leaves the event process.

This event works.

There are exactly 30 monsters generated. Then stop generating. and changes page.
to the next page when the global switch is on, has nothing and is not in auto run.


As for the counter, it usually crashes after 30 seconds.
Monsters are spawned well before that.


That's why I'm pretty lost.

Share this comment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Create New...